• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bulletproof Coffee

Jeremy Igo

There's also Caveman Coffee that is basically the same stuff and prepared similarly. Both are founded by former MMA guys and are very similar products. Haven't tried either but would be curious to hear what you guys think.

I have tried it both with grass fed butter and coconut oil. A lot of people who follow a ketogenic diet (ultralow carb [<30g per day], high fat, moderate protein) drink it in lieu of breakfast. It's pretty tasty and filling, but you'll put on weight if you don't watch your calories and constantly drink it lol (most recipes call for 2 tbsp of butter or coconut oil, which is 22-28g of fat and 200-250 calories depending on the butter/oil you use).

You're not really supposed to drink it on a "typical" diet, typical being what most people these days eat (high carb, moderate-to-high fat, low-to-moderate protein). You won't get the full benefits and may end up gaining weight as noted above.

I have been hearing a lot about bulletproof coffee lately. Apparently it is coffee brewed with grass fed butter and MCT oil added to it. Supposedly it does many things including increased clarity, appetite suppression, added energy. 

Has anyone tried it for any amount of time? 

I've made a version of it for a while now. I don't know that I'd scientifically vouch for mental clarity, but I do think it's a great way to start the day. You get healthy calories and yes it does keep you feeling fed for a while if you're eyeing this for diet purposes. For me, I've come to like the taste and it's a quick alternative to making a full breakfast. My preparation: 

-Heat a half coffee cup of water 

-Pour in two shots of espresso

-1-1.5 tbsp Kerry gold

-1 tbsp MCT oil 

That's it. If you don't hate it starting out, you'll likely come to enjoy it. Let me know if you have more specific questions. 

I drink just regular coffee black but for health benefits I use a supplement from Onnit.com called Total Primate Care. I recommend it. Costs me $100 a month and I think it's worth it. With all the polluting I do to my body, I feel like I have to at least give it a chance against my decisions.

Archived