• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm not sure what game most of you were watching...

Jangler

But I thought the Panthers looked the best they had all preseason. Offensively and defensively. Except for a couple of poorly timed turnovers and the terrible special teams play. I thought we looked good and I feel alot more confident going into the Eagles game than I did before last night game. Now if we could learn how to tackle a just a little better...

Go Panthers!

Isn't that the sad part? We looked the best we have all preseason, and it still wasn't good enough (even with out first string offense against their second string defense).

Only half kidding there. We played four of last year's playoff teams, whether it's preseason or not. The defense -- especially the front four -- looked much better last night. Hopefully we can shore up the secondary.

Of course, we've got a lot of difference makers that have been injured, so that played a part in it too. Don't think the outcome to any game would be the same without Smith, Williams, Stewart or Beason playing the full game.

But I thought the Panthers looked the best they had all preseason. Offensively and defensively. Except for a couple of poorly timed turnovers and the terrible special teams play. I thought we looked good and I feel alot more confident going into the Eagles game than I did before last night game. Now if we could learn how to tackle a just a little better...

Go Panthers!

I agree. For the first time, I got the sense that the team was finally starting to figure things out. Watching the game, I got the sense that the Panthers looked more like what you would expect in the first preseason game, not the fourth. So it makes me wonder if with all the coaching changes on defense along with the injuries that we are just a couple of weeks behind where we would normally expect to be at this point. If so, that might not bode well for the first couple of weeks in the season, but it does give me hope that the team will turn things around and assert themselves as contenders in short order.

Go Panthers!

I agree with a couple of caveats:

1) The RB who ran through half our defense (Steelers cut him today)

2) The "best this preseason" didn't take a lot to win

Still some bright spots

Peppers looked great agaisnt the Ravens- especially if you look at his play and not the stat sheet. I was encouraged by what I saw last night and feel pretty good heading into thenseason knowing we get several key pieces back.

All of the problems I saw were correctable, we definately have the talent. Less turn overs and better tackling and last night was probably a decisive win.

Archived