• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John Fox signs an old Panther

Mr. Scot

An awful player from that overall awful 2009 draft

​that year's draft was a nightmare. one of a few we had. hurney always did well with frst rounders, except when he traded them away like a moron. the rest of the draft picks.....ugh.

so glad we've got gettleman now.

He came in to the league with a bang, I'll give him that.  Two picks in his first career start.

​Yep. And looking back on them, they were kind of 'right place, right time' picks.

That game made him look better than he truly was.  Future games dispelled the myth.

​Fox being Foxy usually brings a team to the Super Bowl within his first two years. There's a great reason he isn't out of a job for long.

​he doesnt have payton or elway this year...lets see how this goes.... he's taking over the bears in the same position he left the panthers... they'll run his azz outta town in 2 years...

Once upon a time, Chris Weinke was who he was handed, followed up by Rodney Peete. He finally was able to make it with Jake Delhomme.

He can do it with what he has there, or what he'll end up with. I'm not cheering for the Bears, but it would be foolish to think he can't rebuild a team.

.​

Once upon a time, Chris Weinke was who he was handed, followed up by Rodney Peete. He finally was able to make it with Jake Delhomme.

He can do it with what he has there, or what he'll end up with. I'm not cheering for the Bears, but it would be foolish to think he can't rebuild a team.

Understood, but he got Delhomme prior to the start of training camp. Do you see a Delhomme on the Bears roster right now?

Yes, it's possible he could - in time - build the Bears into contenders, but I'm not seeing it this year with these QBs. 

Ehh, he got Delhomme prior to training camp the second year he was here. Give him two years and I think the Bears will be contenders. Getting Manning in Denver was a miracle, he'll not find that in Chicago this year.

Fox's smash-mouth style doesn't put a premium on the QB position. He needs a good one, but not a great one. It will require a great defense, though, and he can build those.

He also has a bit of luck and that seems to work for him.

Archived