• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stephen Hill finishes on a down note

Jeremy Igo

He's obviously got athletic talent... is this like a golfer having the yips?  It's just a mental hiccup he can't get over?

I mean if he can't stand and catch a thrown ball...  uhh...

​It seems like a concentration issue. Yips indeed, but for his whole career?

He needs a prescription for Vyvance or something similar (lol).

He's for sure better than Bersin at this point in his career. 

In what universe is Hill better then Bersin at this point.....Hill hasn't cracked the lineup since he has been here. He has done nothing at all 

There's plenty of speed guys. Byrd, Ginn, Brown,  even Funchess.  Hill should just adopt the nickname Down. Because that's where he's going. No time to babying scrubs

Captain Gene: You do us proud, because I don’t want no scrubs.

Hill is one of those guys that shows why measurables aren't the most important thing about a player.

​"But you cant teach speed" is the basic argument you get.  All of those other things (route running, catching the ball, etc...) can be taught.  Until someone realizes that they cant...  If it were that simple I would have signed Usain Bolt a long time ago. 

​Lol what. 

Bersin MAKES those Endzone grabs. By all accounts, Cam likes to throw it to him there as well. 

​Lets not act like Bersin is a beast, right now he's just an avg possession receiver. And honestly  Hill is in the boat Ginn was in until Huddlers gushed over him after positive pre-season/season play. 

I will only take so much stock from team drills, some people just play better in settings closer to the real thing. Do I think Hill is a top option in the waiting, no not necessarily, but I'm also not sold that we've seen his best. 

Good training to help him out of his comfort zone but this should be expected. He doesn't extend his arms so a corner redzone catch is obviously his worst enemy.  I'll just be happy if he can get his awkward chest grab consistent enough for us to toss a couple of bombs to him. I don't expect the guy to ever make a catch in traffic.

​Does he just always suck when the media is watching him?

​Interesting question.  If Ron's praise for him yesterday was genuine and not merely meant to encourage him to do better, it would seem Hill's best moments must have come on days OTAs were not public, because I've not read anything from the public practices which would suggest him as one of the OTA "stars" as cited by RR yesterday.

Hmmmm....  But sadly, it's not looking good for Hill.

KB, Funch, Brown, Ginn, Bersin, Cotch, Boykin, Byrd are all seeming to be ahead of him so far in performance.

Archived