• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Benjamin visibly unhappy with the weight talk

Jeremy Igo

If 8 pounds of weight would cause hamstring issues, wouldn't 8 pounds of football pads have done that last year every Sunday 

If he gained 8 pounds of fat then that could be a problem. If you saw the movie supersize me then you would know that if your in shape and then get fat your muscle will turn to fat and in fact you will loose some weight at first because muscle weighs more than fat. Gaining weight means gaining fat unless your going to the gym to add muscle which KB probably isn't doing. Gaining fat means your more than likely not exercising properly or eating healthy so your setting your self up to get hurt because your body isn't used to playing football. I believe he will be fine but he needs to go on a diet to stay in shape.

Ya know... I can't feel for the kid on this one.  His profession is to be a football player.  You have a certain time to report to said camps, and to be at those camps at the proportionate weight they require of you, aside from adding muscle. You have 4 months to prep for this?  Its your job, plain and simple.  This is his first off-season so hey, I can see he will get a break but it doesn't excuse coming unprepared.  

I think the majority of people would have been at least a little bit irritated after yesterday, especially a young cat like KB. From what I've seen RR doesn't say much "off the cuff". I'm not sure Rivera actually believed 8 lbs would cause a hammy injury. Seems like it was more of a word of warning to KB to make sure you do what it takes to be "on the field". Definitely had an effect.

Archived