• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Benjamin visibly unhappy with the weight talk

Jeremy Igo

Kelvin appeared to be upset at practice today, presumably over Ron Rivera's comments over his weight yesterday. 

Kelvin used his jersey in what can only be described as a silent protest. 

First, it started on his head. 

Kelvin-Benjamin-1.thumb.jpg.9b8b179c3487

Then, during warm ups and drills it moved to his body and on backwards. 

Kelvin-Benjamin-2.thumb.jpg.4fe0a7823c0a

The coaches could sense Kelvin was unhappy about the situation, and were sure to talk to him about it. At one point Ron River walked over to hip, hands behind his back in a non threatening manner, and had about a 4 minute long conversation. Just after Rivera's talk, Kelvin turned his jersey around to the proper orientation. 

Kelvin-Benjamin-3.thumb.jpg.d31c22a5a44b

As practice ended, Ricky Proehl also spoke to Kelvin. 

In Kelvin's defense, not many of us would like our weight to be the topic within the Charlotte sports community. If 8 pounds of weight would cause hamstring issues, wouldn't 8 pounds of football pads have done that last year every Sunday? 

Anyways, I think there may have been a lesson learned by all involved. How to handle the situation in the media, and how Kelvin deals with negative attention. Hopefully everyone can now move on. 

I seriously don't think 8 pounds overweight is a big deal. It's a long road until the first game. It's also extremely ignorant of us to assume that he's just been sitting on his ass eating cheetos to get those 8 pounds. I could see why he would be pissed at coach for bringing it up to the media. That just fuels a narrative that KB doesn't want to waste his time on.

Kelvin could gain 20 pounds and run circles around all of our asses.

I seriously don't think 8 pounds overweight is a big deal. It's a long road until the first game. It's also extremely ignorant of us to assume that he's just been sitting on his ass eating cheetos to get those 8 pounds. I could see why he would be pissed at coach for bringing it up to the media. That just fuels a narrative that KB doesn't want to waste his time on.

Kelvin could gain 20 pounds and run circles around all of our asses.

Agreed but we aren't covering him.

Archived