• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Today's Mini Camp Notes and Observations

Jeremy Igo

As I was unable to attend practice today, here is Bill's take from BBR..

http://blackandbluereview.com/player-notes-panthers-minicamp-june-16/

Looks like Kurt Coleman has been getting more first string snaps at SS as I reported over the past couple of weeks. Coleman may be our day 1 starter. 

• Kurt Coleman: Continues to share plenty of snaps at SS with Roman Harper. Scooped up what would have been a fumble on a botched pitch from Newton to RB Jonathan Stewart.

I will be out there tomorrow and Thursday, fighting the heat for you people.  

As I was unable to attend practice today, here is Bill's take from BBR..

http://blackandbluereview.com/player-notes-panthers-minicamp-june-16/

Looks like Kurt Coleman has been getting more first string snaps at SS as I reported over the past couple of weeks. Coleman may be our day 1 starter. 

I will be out there tomorrow and Thursday, fighting the heat for you people.  

Thanks Igo someone has to take it for the team. 

As much as I'd like for Harper to be replaced...it's about a 3% probability that he doesn't start. Knowing Rivera in the past, unless he's physically unable to play he's going to be the guy. Only way he doesn't get the nod is if he's cut. Hate to say it but that's how we roll.  But who knows, with another year under his belt and more confidence, trust, and familiarity.... he may show glimpses of his former self... a slower version of that '09 pro bowler. One could hope

As much as I'd like for Harper to be replaced...it's about a 3% probability that he doesn't start. Knowing Rivera in the past, unless he's physically unable to play he's going to be the guy. Only way he doesn't get the nod is if he's cut. Hate to say it but that's how we roll.  But who knows, with another year under his belt and more confidence, trust, and familiarity.... he may show glimpses of his former self... a slower version of that '09 pro bowler. One could hope

​Damn, somebody else from Whiteville on here?

Lol but yeah, I agree with you.

Not necessarily. Coleman is an NFL vet, and honestly, Rivera just values vets over young guys and in this case, Coleman isn't a young guy. That said, I could see Harper start, but heavy rotation would be coming. Rivera is loyal, but not stupid, and he knows if harper will even be serviceable this season, he will have to be rotated often and Coleman was brought in for that role.

​Damn, somebody else from Whiteville on here?

Lol but yeah, I agree with you.

​Yeap ...Georgia-Pacific Rd....Was born in Lumberton...lived in DC 15 years ...moved to Whiteville and been here ever since. 

​I could see that happening actually. Keep Harper in on running plays ..rotate Coleman in on obvious passing downs. That would play to the their strengths and would keep both of our old guys somewhat fresh BUT don't quote me on that, I have to do more than my initial research on Coleman...led the chiefs in INT's last year I believe...(3) but with our front 7 he could be even more valuable. 

Archived