• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What might a Thomas Davis statue look like?

Jeremy Igo

I don't think he gets one. For some reason the FO is very stingy about things like that. Christ, we still only have two names on the Ring of Honor right?

TD has been a great leader both on and off the field and entering his tenth season. He has carried the same spirit Mills did when he was with us coming back from 3 ACL tears. His story is unmatched to any other player in our history besides Mills. He's the very definition of what JR wants in a Panther. If he doesn't get a statue, no one else ever will. 

Honestly, his statue needs to represent his struggle with injuries and his never give up attitude. Because of that, I believe that the most appropriate image of TD would be him on one knee, picking himself up from the turf. A visual representation of keep pounding, and how you don't give up until there isn't a breath left in your body. Picking himself up and willing himself back into battle is the image that seems appropriate imo.

No contest.

After coming back from his 3rd ACL tear, Davis showed up in a HUGE way against division rival Atlanta in December of 2012, including this pick toward the end of the game. Rivera gave him the game ball and talked about the conversation he and TD had in 2011 about Thomas coming back yet again from injury.

image.jpg

Edit: Also if we could put a mini-statue of Roddy White in that exact position just so I could take an Instagram pic like he is giving someone a BJ, well that would be an added bonus.

No contest.

After coming back from his 3rd ACL tear, Davis showed up in a HUGE way against division rival Atlanta in December of 2012, including this pick toward the end of the game. Rivera gave him the game ball and talked about the conversation he and TD had in 2011 about Thomas coming back yet again from injury.

image.jpg

Edit: Also if we could put a mini-statue of Roddy White in that exact position just so I could take an Instagram pic like he is giving someone a BJ, well that would be an added bonus.

I'd say White looks like he's praying Davis won't hurt him.

Archived