• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just in case you forgot....

Jeremy Igo

Bell had the best game of his career the week before. We had two 3 and outs, (which was common for us) and went down by 21. Not sure If Oher and Norwell are factors in that game. I think our line is better on paper this year though. 

​Oh no doubt they are better on paper, I just hope they are better on the field.

Not sure how many of you used to play EA's NCAA game when they were made but I remember Norwell developing into the best offensive lineman in his class.

Obviously NCAA ratings = true player ability.

All seriousness though...how was he not drafted?

​One scouting report from last year describes him as a "patient grinder with room to improve". To me, grinder is code for tough and physical, but not athletic. Room to improve is about his technique, which obviously did need improvement since his first work came on the third string and had to work his way up.

I like how Gettleman directed Ron to make sure to give the second and third stringers some first string reps to better evaluate them with better talent next to them. Norwell obviously rose to the challenge over the course of a couple months.

That's what I feel some Huddlers are overlooking when they criticize Ron for not playing the rookies right away. Just because they were good at the end of the season doesn't mean they were like that in training camp or pre-season.

We were really, really bad towards the middle of that year... then again, that's what having crap offensive line starters and losing Greg Hardy can do to you. It's really somewhat amazing we managed to turn it around and make the playoffs. 

Archived