• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teenagers play Contra... and fail.

Jeremy Igo

The first level isn't even that hard either, some of the later levels are MUCH harder. This really isn't surprising though. Games today are so easy, dumbed downed and they spoon feed you everything you have to do. When I buy a game now the first thing I do is put it on the highest insane difficulty level, turn off all hints, tutorials, map guides, ect. just to make it somewhat challenging.

There is some difference in the controls I could never nail down between Nintendo version vs arcade.

Nintendo - sucked at first, but I could beat the game w/o losing a single life playing single only.

Arcade - something about the jumping throws me off. (probably because of the Nintendo).

Old people think Contra was hard?

Brah, please. Play Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Lost Planet, Halo, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Black, Demon's Souls, The Witcher 2, Metal Gear Solid: GotP, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., etc

Y'all couldn't hang with us.

​Ninja Gaiden is the only one I would put on the same level as Contra

Demon's Soul was an unfathomably hard game. That's the last game since Ocarina of Time that I actually needed a game guide for. And there has not been a more substantial penalty for dying in gaming than Demon's Soul in recent memory.

But the Mega Man series is still on a different level for me. That game I just rage quit after about 5 minutes.

I used to rage quit on Ghosts n Goblins.

Demon's Soul definitely did a good job taking me back to the time before constant checkpoints. But if you want a real challenge, get a staged accidental kill on every level of any Hitman game, no witnesses, no checkpoints. It can't be done.

Archived