• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Eagles game will tell us all we need to know

pstall

Last year I remember how DeAngelo didn't run the ball all that well, in fact, many people were calling for Stewart early in the season to be the starter. Then with about 9 games left Williams turned it on and was absolutely outstanding. In 2004 the Panthers started out 1-7 and ended the season 6-2 behind Nick Goings running the ball and we just barely missed the playoffs. My point is you NEVER know whats going to happen through the course of a season.

Actually, it's going to take all the games to tell us all we need to know. The first half of the game in 2003 didn't tell us anything of what we needed to know. The first 16 games last year didn't tell us all we needed to know.

The truth is that unless you're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs by Week 12, then you never know. Any given Sunday. The idea that we could know anything of our fate in the next two months is a stretch. The idea that we could know anything by the first half of the first week of the regular season is a sprained ligament. The idea we could know anything about the team via the preseason is a torn ligament season ending injury. Anything prior to that is a career threatening deal. You may just have to give it up.

By the end of the 1st half I think we are going to know what we have or not.

Around the bye it will be crystal clear for the entire season.

IMDYHO(in my dumb yet honest opinion)

disagree. the first half of the chargers game, and the first half of the bears game, in 2008, were hardly indications of what our team would look like down the stretch.

Archived