• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's Kicks

Jeremy Igo

I still don't see how some of them dudes go out to practice with long sleeves. It's hot as a mug out there.

​It does seem counter-intuitive but it can help keep you cooler. Keeps that sun off of your skin and gives the sweat somewhere to hang out and evaporate. A Mexican brick mason explained it to me when I asked him the same question. You see it a lot with construction guys out in the sun.

I still don't see how some of them dudes go out to practice with long sleeves. It's hot as a mug out there.

Protection against the sun. Even people with the darkest skin shouldn't be standing in the sun all day. I've also heard you get warmer faster so you burn more calories and get a better workout but I think its bs

Protection against the sun. Even people with the darkest skin shouldn't be standing in the sun all day. I've also heard you get warmer faster so you burn more calories and get a better workout but I think its bs

Oh ok, that makes sense. I'm a dark skinned man, so I always thought I was pretty damn close to invincible against the sun. At least until I read up on skin cancer. Now, even I will put on some sunscreen if I'm going to be outdoors for a long period of time.

Archived