• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Funchess Hands

Jeremy Igo

Idk but I saw him in person  for the first time up close...... I'm a big guy 6'5 but KB has giant hands.... I felt so inadequate lol

​And you would think because of it he wouldn't dropped as many passes as he did. Has to be other factors. But if it continues this year, it is what it's going to be

Has to be other factors. 

​My best guess would be concentration issues and him "hitting a wall" like he said he did last season. He has good eye hand coordination, and "my ball" mentality as well as those giant hands so it seems like something that can be fixed.

KB, Olsen, Funchess, yes please.

There are people still blasting KB for those drops last year? It's 2015, lol.

Some of you guys talk as if there is no way a player could improve after he not only came into a completely new WR corps with a limited offseason from his QB as a rookie, but also managed to put up 1,000+ yards, and 10 touchdowns along the way as our #1. I don't recall many people here if any even predicting that he would put up those kinds of numbers. At least let the guy prove himself this year before constantly dogging him. I would think if any fanbase would have some patience and appreciation for a clearly talented WR after witnessing some of the mediocre WR's we've trotted out over the last decade, it would be the Panthers.

KB, Olsen, Funchess, yes please.

There are people still blasting KB for those drops last year? It's 2015, lol.

Some of you guys talk as if there is no way a player could improve after he not only came into a completely new WR corps with a limited offseason from his QB as a rookie, but also managed to put up 1,000+ yards, and 10 touchdowns along the way as our #1. I don't recall many people here if any even predicting that he would put up those kinds of numbers. At least let the guy prove himself this year before constantly dogging him. I would think if any fanbase would have some patience and appreciation for a clearly talented WR after witnessing some of the mediocre WR's we've trotted out over the last decade, it would be the Panthers.

I think, now this is just my own slant on this whole thing. During the Pre portion of the Season, his performance was legendary. Expectations were thusly readjusted. Suddenly, KB was the second coming, our savior, and all that jibber jabber. Hence, the ONE thing the naysayers have in their favor, has become a battle cry. How dare he dis on my expectations. The bum. I've rooted for better than him.

Ok, mini rant over. Almost lost my way. As I was saying, I believe KB put to much pressure on him self. The ol' I was a 1st rounder, and I don't want to let my team mates down. Type of pressure. All while adjusting to being a Pro Football player, and finding your way in a new city, probably by yourself. Type pressure. Or once the drops started, the pressure of finding a way to get that monkey off his back. Was probably the biggest of them all.

I think the kid just needs to relax, and go back to having some fun while he is playing. Cuz even as good as his rookie year was. He is going to have to cut that drop number damm near in half. He'll still be your 1,000+ yds, and 10 TD WR. It's just going to effect his next contract. It's simple math. Lower the drops, make more money.

Short story long. You can't please everyone. Some folks just live to bitch and moan. Sports forums are a breeding ground for their ilk. And of course you have those folks who just love to troll. So do as I suggest KB do, and relax and just go have some fun.

I'm going to point out that just because you get pissed that KB drops the ball doesn't mean you weren't impressed with his overall performance last year. 

I sure as hell didn't expect him to rack up the stats he did. I also sure as hell didn't expect him to drop as many balls as he did. Dropping balls is not a "rookie problem". Running the wrong routes, giving up on plays, getting tired from being the only option on every play while you're a rookie are all excusable rookie issues that KB had and I can forgive those mistakes because he is a young receiver. 

But putting the ball on the damn ground when it's your job to prevent that from happening is inexcusable and he needs to fix that ish immediately. It's the equivalent of when AP was tearing it up but would fumble once a game. Yeah, he's killing it, but he's also hurting himself and the team by screwing up in a big way. AP fixed it, hopefully KB can too.

Doesn't mean I'm any less excited/pleasantly surprised at how well he did. It's just frustrating that he could be that much better. 

I'm going to point out that just because you get pissed that KB drops the ball doesn't mean you weren't impressed with his overall performance last year. 

I sure as hell didn't expect him to rack up the stats he did. I also sure as hell didn't expect him to drop as many balls as he did. Dropping balls is not a "rookie problem". Running the wrong routes, giving up on plays, getting tired from being the only option on every play while you're a rookie are all excusable rookie issues that KB had and I can forgive those mistakes because he is a young receiver. 

But putting the ball on the damn ground when it's your job to prevent that from happening is inexcusable and he needs to fix that ish immediately. It's the equivalent of when AP was tearing it up but would fumble once a game. Yeah, he's killing it, but he's also hurting himself and the team by screwing up in a big way. AP fixed it, hopefully KB can too.

Doesn't mean I'm any less excited/pleasantly surprised at how well he did. It's just frustrating that he could be that much better. 

Those excusable rookie issues can/do lead to drops as well.  I'm not saying it lead to ALL of his drops, but you have to consider the fact that it lead to SOME of them.

Those excusable rookie issues can/do lead to drops as well.  I'm not saying it lead to ALL of his drops, but you have to consider the fact that it lead to SOME of them.

​True, and if those mental rookie lapses decrease and the drops decrease as well, then that's awesome. However I remember WAY TOO MANY drops that KB had that had nothing to do with his wrong routes or giving up on plays. The Atlanta Bomb, the passes in the back of the end zone, the entire Detroit game, all just really poor drops with no excuses. 

So yeah, I see where you are coming from, but I don't think him being a rookie is an excuse for the vast majority of his drops. It's a concentration issue that he needs to work on because god knows the guy has the ability to catch anything. Aside from ODJ, he had the most spectacular highlight reel of catches than any other rookie WR in the league last year. 

Archived