• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Funchess Hands

Jeremy Igo

​Larry Fitzgerald has 24 drops in his entire career (PFF). Benjamin almost hit half that total in his first year. I don't care what his drop percentage was, that's not going to fly for our #1 receiver. I like the kid, but he's gotta get better hands, and he's gotta be more willing to sacrifice his body to make a play. He doesn't have the fire to go up and take a ball away from a defender, or go face first into the grass to keep both feet in the end zone. At least not yet.

​Stupid comment..

​Larry Fitzgerald has 24 drops in his entire career (PFF). Benjamin almost hit half that total in his first year. I don't care what his drop percentage was, that's not going to fly for our #1 receiver. I like the kid, but he's gotta get better hands, and he's gotta be more willing to sacrifice his body to make a play. He doesn't have the fire to go up and take a ball away from a defender, or go face first into the grass to keep both feet in the end zone. At least not yet.

Ummm....

kbvssh.0.gif

​What?

From what I saw, catchable ball and Michigan quarterback shouldn't be used in the same sentence to describe 2014. Unless it was how he couldn't throw a catchable ball. Funchess was likely so shocked when he actually got one he could catch, he froze up and dropped it. 

​how about we let him get to his second year before we demand he be a probowler.

​how about we let him get to his second year before we demand he be a probowler.

Agreed, and he is going to enter this season with significantly less weight on his shoulders. I believe having some more help in the WR department will shake things up in a good way. He's got the hands as he showed multiple times last year and just needs to mentally prepare better for the season. 

Called a good friend of mine that's a big FSU fan when we drafted KB, asked his opinion.. "He makes some miraculous catches but drops a bunch of easy ones.." Knowing this, he had a damn good year, and the drops he had were halfway expected.. Hopefully, another camp under the Maestro Proehl & some on-field attention going to Funchess will give KB the room he needs to improve his focus.... One of the biggest things, I thought, going into last year was that Avant & Cotchery were sure handed guys. The previous group, it seemed, had quite a few crucial drops, figured Gman was replacing them with dudes that catch everything thrown at them... Thrilled to hear the #2 fits that mold. Looking forward to seeing what the kid does with some live bullets, and if the knocks on him are warranted or not... Regardless, we're in better shape now than this time last year...

Just quoting this again 

Archived