• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Funchess Hands

Jeremy Igo

2 Things--I was at OTAs yesterday.  If you want to know what it looks like to have a Cam pass headed your way, this is it.

I had a chance to meet Benjamin and shook his hand--they were big.

My son was there getting a helmet and Cam jersey signed.  Got Thompson and Funchess.  Both were a bit wide-eyed.

DSCN1913.JPG

Definitely excites me, but KB dropped nearly zero balls all of last year's offseason and then almost led the league in drops during the season.

​He tied for the most drops with 10, although his drop percentage wasn't bad. Funchess may end up being the better WR though.

I don't remember ever being so excited for a receiving corps in years. It always just Smitty, and then those few years where Moose was involved. I can't wait to see Funchess play and allow Brown to play slot

​I agree, this could be our best receiver group in our history. Moose and Smitty were obviously the best wideout duo, but now we have Olsen and many overlook Dickson who is a very good #2 TE. Funchess has me excited and KB is already a monster, while Brown is better than people give him credit for and, in my opinion, already among the league's best #3 WRs. I anticipate Funchess getting more snaps in the slot than Brown though.

​He tied for the most drops with 10, although his drop percentage wasn't bad. Funchess may end up being the better WR though.

​Didn't know the exact numbers but we all know he had drop issues during the year. I was just pointing out no matter how good the hands look in the offseason, you don't really know until Sundays come around. He had no drop issues during training camp from what I can recall. Still much better to hear Funch looks good than that he's dropping balls left and right.

​I agree, this could be our best receiver group in our history. Moose and Smitty were obviously the best wideout duo, but now we have Olsen and many overlook Dickson who is a very good #2 TE. Funchess has me excited and KB is already a monster, while Brown is better than people give him credit for and, in my opinion, already among the league's best #3 WRs. I anticipate Funchess getting more snaps in the slot than Brown though.

​I'm all for optimism, but dude... that's just straight hyperbole. 

​Larry Fitzgerald has 24 drops in his entire career (PFF). Benjamin almost hit half that total in his first year. I don't care what his drop percentage was, that's not going to fly for our #1 receiver. I like the kid, but he's gotta get better hands, and he's gotta be more willing to sacrifice his body to make a play. He doesn't have the fire to go up and take a ball away from a defender, or go face first into the grass to keep both feet in the end zone. At least not yet.

Archived