• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FOCUS

Jeremy Igo

Someone on here broke down the number of drops and gave each one his average yard per reception and his yardage gain was minimal. Keep in mind, that was even with ZERO drops, not just the average number of drops for a WR.

​It wasn't just official "drops." There were countless throws down the field that he could have caught but didn't find it in the air, or he just wasn't able to get his hands on it when he should have. Also there were TDs he should've had but he didn't get his feet in bounds or didn't see the ball in time to jump and grab it. Statistical drops are only balls that hit the hands and aren't completions. KB easily left 300+ yards and 5+ TDs on the field, but that's expected with a raw rookie like he was.

​He dropped like 100+ yards worth in that week 17 Falcons game alone.  The very first target he was streaking behind the defense in what would've likely been a 70+ yard TD from an absolutely perfectly placed ball from Cam that hit him right in the hands and bounced off.  Right after that he dropped another one that was probably good for around 10-20 yards.  I know there was at least one more in that one as well.

I understand the logic of just looking at his recorded drops and then multiplying it by his AVG, but that's really not an exact science.  A lot of his drops were potential huge plays.

My original post might have been a bit of hyperbole, but not by much.  I would almost be willing to bet he left at the very least 300 yards on the field last season.

Every drop would have needed to be for 30 yards for him to get an extra 300. That's not realistic at all. He had 4 receptions over 30 for the season.

​It wasn't just official "drops." There were countless throws down the field that he could have caught but didn't find it in the air, or he just wasn't able to get his hands on it when he should have. Also there were TDs he should've had but he didn't get his feet in bounds or didn't see the ball in time to jump and grab it. Statistical drops are only balls that hit the hands and aren't completions. KB easily left 300+ yards and 5+ TDs on the field, but that's expected with a raw rookie like he was.

​Couldn't have said it better.

​I understand what you guys are saying, but what about all the balls he caught that most wouldn't have caught...

​I understand what you guys are saying, but what about all the balls he caught that most wouldn't have caught...

I don't.  It's basically saying if he played better....caught everything thrown near him.... he would have better stats. Well of course.

I wouldn't be concerned with what his theoretical stats might be Unless he's on my fantasy team. As a fan I'd like to see him work on his focus and hit on a few extra game changing plays that he may have lapsed on. Plays that create wins. That's something tangable and realistic and meaningful.

Archived