• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Funchess Hips

Jeremy Igo

The only person whose opinion means anything to Gman is Ricky Proehl's.  The fact that he used some much draft currency to move up and get Funchess should tell you that he is extremely high on him.  Media draft analysts get paid to fill radio/tv time or drive eyeballs to websites so that people have something to occupy themsevles in the offseason.  The most important function they have is to get fans familiar with the new names coming into the league. Debating good or bad picks based on their rankings is foolhardy.

Disagree, I'd say scouts knew about him all along. The talking heads who profess to know everything proved the exact opposite.

Only a couple guys on TV are worth listening to.

​Top Ten Talent

38" vert on a 6'4 230 frame, fluid routes, sub 4.5 40. If he can catch, he's a top ten talent and was waaay underrated. Former LB and just plays nasty. Huge upper body, he looks like he could just toss db's aside who try to jam him.

​Top Ten Talent

38" vert on a 6'4 230 frame, fluid routes, sub 4.5 40. If he can catch, he's a top ten talent and was waaay underrated. Former LB and just plays nasty. Huge upper body, he looks like he could just toss db's aside who try to jam him.

​It is silly but if he ran even close to that 4.4 he ran at his pro day at the NFL combine...dude would have went top 15 easy.

People mention how it looks like work when Stephen Hill runs and he is/was a 4.3 guy. Funchess runs effortlessly and looks to have "game" speed, with much more efficient burst out of breaks on routes.

I wanted DGB, particularly since I am a big Mizzou fan, and I think he will be a great pro...

...Funchess looks better so far, and his lack of hype seems to be the product of a less than stellar offensive situation at Michigan.

Needless to say, I'm excited.

​It is silly but if he ran even close to that 4.4 he ran at his pro day at the NFL combine...dude would have went top 15 easy.

People mention how it looks like work when Stephen Hill runs and he is/was a 4.3 guy. Funchess runs effortlessly and looks to have "game" speed, with much more efficient burst out of breaks on routes.

I wanted DGB, particularly since I am a big Mizzou fan, and I think he will be a great pro...

...Funchess looks better so far, and his lack of hype seems to be the product of a less than stellar offensive situation at Michigan.

​Saw a blurb about DGB was rehabbing a hammy so no work for him in Titan's OTAs.

I think it's my bias towards the athletic freaks, but I'm more excited about Funchess than anyone else this coming year.  Shaq isn't far behind. 

The line improved, running game is young+fresh+good, so Cam having just one more big guy option is going to have a huuge effect.  I think he has mad potential.   

​Nice post.

Even when people mention how awful that Michigan passing game was, it can't even give it the respect it deserves  (or lack thereof haha).  That QB was gawd awful.   

I haven't read the whole thread, but from day one listening to the talk about how he's done in each practice session and then the pics from Jeremy, and the video's from Bill... I don't see where the pick has a bad side to it.

I can't wait for TC and Preseason so we can really see what's going on with our own eyes.

Thanks for the photo's and updates Jeremy!

My concern after watching his highlights was the transition from catching slow ducks to Cam's lasers. 

I'll wait for live action in full pads before l jump the bandwagon, but I'll admit l'm looking for a seat already. 

Archived