• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Funchess Hips

Jeremy Igo

Many of you folks were knocking the Funchess draft pick early on, claiming he was slow and unable to turn his hips. 

In live action, I can tell you exactly the opposite is true. Good speed and turns his hips to the ball well while still moving forward.

How were so many scouting reports so far off? 

panthersotas-9.thumb.jpg.cfb1fe111ebba99

Seeing as how most of the TV scouts claim Cam Newton does not have a playoff win, it's kind of easy to see why they are wrong about 98% of life.

Funchess is not well known because his college QB was a sideshow.  His hands (catching away from his body, always the nose) and footwork (especially around the sideline) suggests thoroughbred.  I had no idea during the draft.  Did not want.  However, believe Gettlemen when he says they had a first-round grade.  I think if they did not think Thompson was such a unique talent, they would have possibly taken Funchess in the first round.

So technically, we traded our second, a third and a late rounder for a first round talent.  Not bad, DG.

I'll still wait to see how he does on game days.  We've had players before that looked good in practice.

I understand your wanting to wait and see, i'm usally the same way, but the more I read, see and hear about Funchess the more certain I am this kids going to BEAST, and be the steal of the draft. 

I think he's the type player that was impressive in college in spite of a bad team and horrid qb play, but is totally an ideal NFL player thats going to light it up on the next level.

Archived