• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Okay, it's officially time to panic...

CatMan72

I too was there. To me the most concerning thing was their first team offense and even more so their second team offense drive on our first team d, blowing them off the line by atleast 5 yard every play on a solid drive. This maybe the worst d line this team has ever fielded.

.......This maybe the worst d line this team has ever fielded.

I dont know if I agree with this yet. I think Johnson and Brown have looked good on the Dline. They might even turn out to be players. I think if that happens, with Pep and those two on the line they might have a pretty good pass rush. Now against the run is going to be a whole different story. I do not know how well the Panthers will do against that this season. Obviously shoring up the DT is gonna be a big determinant on that.

If you are watching these games and are not concerned you must be blind. Those of you that are ready to hit the panic button you may be a bit premature. We should be worried.

They don't look ready and if your waiting for the regular season to "fix" anything it's much too late. If we come out cold it's going to be a long season. We don't have enough depth to try and mount a late season comeback.

I think we'll have to rely on the offense early in the season with the D catching up midseason. Meeks D had been known to start slow before and clamp down later in the season. I hope they wake up in time.

There is no excuse for this team coming out and being unmotivated. I put that on Fox.

So, you go to the worst of the pre-season games to go to, and come out hitting the panic button.

So glad to have you on board!:rolleyes:

Thanks, glad you're here as well ;)

Actually, my panic has been slowly growing with each pre-season game.... but watching the Panthers 1st team defense and offense flounder live and in-person really got me worried. I know they both only played a few series, but for the most part we looked terrible in those few series (even the ones where our 1st team was playing the Steelers 2nd team).

I know the final score of these games doesn't matter, especially the 4th game - but it does matter when you're first team can't move the ball, can't defend kickoffs and punts or consistently field kick offs and punts and can't make tackles - and in the short time our 1st teams were on the field I saw all of that in just about every series.

When I went to the 3rd pre-season game last year against the Skins, and our 1st team absolutely blew them out of the water, I knew we had something special (and I knew the Skins were in trouble). I don't even want to think about what the score of last nights game would have been if the Steelers starters had played into the 3rd quarter... but it's clear even from our 3rd pre-season game this year that we don't have the same special vibe going we had this time last year.

Thanks, glad you're here as well ;)

Actually, my panic has been slowly growing with each pre-season game.... but watching the Panthers 1st team defense and offense flounder live and in-person really got me worried. I know they both only played a few series, but for the most part we looked terrible in those few series (even the ones where our 1st team was playing the Steelers 2nd team).

I know the final score of these games doesn't matter, especially the 4th game - but it does matter when you're first team can't move the ball, can't defend kickoffs and punts or consistently field kick offs and punts and can't make tackles - and in the short time our 1st teams were on the field I saw all of that in every series.

I agree the pre-season tix should be discounted

Its not looking good, but Im not panicking yet. We play 16 games. Couple seasons the Chargers started off slow then turned it up by mid-season

The year the Giants went to the Superbowl didnt look good in preseason nor the beginning of the season either. Who knows how things turn. Welcome to the NFL, not the NBA

if u take away the turnovers. and the punt return at the beginning of the game. i think the team showed allot of improvement. the defense only gave up 7 points. we finally saw a little pressure coming from the front four. the offense had a couple of really good long drives.

yes. there is still allot of things that need to be addressed. especially tackling. but it is not time to panic yet.

the defense has looked steadily better each week and played some pretty tough offenses.

It's new. It will work out. We went for broke with a franchise tag earlier and made a bed. It's time to lie in it for better of worse. I am not happy with what I see but I also think that it translates loosely at best to what we will see week one.

Archived