• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Black and Yellow plague

Dragon Spooker

Good post indo, but saying there are no "bandwagon" fans is false. Winning multiple Super Bowls is the reason that most people are fans. NFL longivity is also a poor argument: see Cardinals, if Im not mistaken they have been around since 1898. Sure the Steelers are are great, proud franchise, but it's winning more than anything.

OK.

So I've been lurking long enough

Most people who are not Steelers fans just don't "get it"...

So...if you want to try to learn something about how a HUGE fanbase originates, watch this...it's a little long, but it is why We are EVERYWHERE, in every stadium, on every street corner.

We are not bandwagonners.

My cousin goes to Duke. She is a die-hard Steelers fan. Her sister goes to UTennesse. She is a diehard Steelers fan. Their parents live in Memphis. They are die-hard Steelers fans. I live in Alabama. Guess which team I bleed for? Guess the colors of my blood. We were all born in Pittsburgh. It gets passed down from generation to generation...Nobody jumps on the Bandwagon. You are born into it.

As for the Eagles fan suggesting that the city of Pittsburgh sucks---please. Have you taken a really good look at Philthadelphia lately? (BTW, a good friend of mine lives there--he's the one who calls it that)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1527321414

BTW, This is not my Myspace account

You do have a great fan base, the best in football IMO, but my only question is.........why is everybody FROM Pittsburg if it's such a great city?

I do want to add that I really hate the Steeler fans that come out of the woodwork in Phoenix, as they are usually drunk and obnoxious, but the fans I met at the Superbowl were first class.

see Cardinals, if Im not mistaken have been around since 1898.

LOL, good point, but then again moving multiple times and losing have taken it's toll. That said, Cardinals fans are coming out of the woodwork in Arizona as long as we are winning, combined with building an air conditioned stadium. I would say our fan base and your fan base are very similar.

Good post indo, but saying there are no "bandwagon" fans is false. Winning multiple Super Bowls is the reason that most people are fans. NFL longivity is also a poor argument: see Cardinals, if Im not mistaken they have been around since 1898. Sure the Steelers are are great, proud franchise, but it's winning more than anything.

Having a winning franchise certainly helps...but if you watched the video you saw the times when the Steelers couldn't quite get it done---we call those years (the '80s and early '90s) the Dark Age

Nevertheless, we all stayed loyal...

You do have a great fan base, the best in football IMO, but my only question is.........why is everybody FROM Pittsburg if it's such a great city?

I do want to add that I really hate the Steeler fans that come out of the woodwork in Phoenix, as they are usually drunk and obnoxious, but the fans I met at the Superbowl were first class.

LOL, good point, but then again moving multiple times and losing have taken it's toll. That said, Cardinals fans are coming out of the woodwork in Arizona as long as we are winning, combined with building an air conditioned stadium. I would say our fan base and your fan base are very similar.

I'm guessing you didn't watch the video---I know, it's unreasonable to expect a fan of a rival team to watch that. Especially since it is long (22ish minutes). But, if you want your question answered, watch it---and, like Smootsdaddy89 above, you may get a chuckle out of it

Good SB, by the way---I had to change my shorts after the game!

Fitz is a friggin' beast----future HoF for sure

I'm guessing you didn't watch the video---I know, it's unreasonable to expect a fan of a rival team to watch that. Especially since it is long (22ish minutes). But, if you want your question answered, watch it---and, like Smootsdaddy89 above, you may get a chuckle out of it

Good SB, by the way---I had to change my shorts after the game!

Fitz is a friggin' beast----future HoF for sure

The Superbowl video? LOL, no way am I watching that, but I did enjoy the Cardinal's highlight video that seems to end with about 2:38 left in the game LOL. BTW, coach Whiz admitted that he couldn't watch the game film until our preseason game with you guys.

The Superbowl video? LOL, no way am I watching that, but I did enjoy the Cardinal's highlight video that seems to end with about 2:38 left in the game LOL. BTW, coach Whiz admitted that he couldn't watch the game film until our preseason game with you guys.

:D No, I'm talking about the Steeler Nation video that better explains why many of us are from The Burgh, but no longer live there. Somebody on our board once called some Steeler fan "Wannabe's". The response was, "The only thing I wannabe is back in Pittsburgh!"

Here's the video---you decide if you want to watch it

(not my myspace account)

As for the Eagles fan suggesting that the city of Pittsburgh sucks---please. Have you taken a really good look at Philthadelphia lately? (BTW, a good friend of mine lives there--he's the one who calls it that)

BTW, This is not my Myspace account

I think I may be the Eagles fan that you are referring to....just for the record I am not sure when I said Pittsburgh sucked. The fact is that I respect the city of Pittsburgh and their fans. I said that it is not a city where people from other cities move to ....not sure you can deny that. My only point was that Charlotte is a translplant city and Pittsburgh is not. I also am not sure where I ever said that Philly > Pittsburgh. Someone has a city inferioirity complex.

I think I may be the Eagles fan that you are referring to....just for the record I am not sure when I said Pittsburgh sucked. The fact is that I respect the city of Pittsburgh and their fans. I said that it is not a city where people from other cities move to ....not sure you can deny that. My only point was that Charlotte is a translplant city and Pittsburgh is not. I also am not sure where I ever said that Philly > Pittsburgh. Someone has a city inferioirity complex.

I stand corrected. I just re-read your post and you are exactly right. For some reason I think I initially looked at it and thought you said something like "Why would anyone want to be from Pittsburgh?", or implied that it was not a desirable city or something like that.

I don't deny that not many people would want to move there (which is a good thing, actually---the fact that it is a Great City (voted one of the best places to live in the country) is a well-kept secret

My apologies

Here's how you deal with a steelers' fan.

Q: So, is Pittsburgh a great city?

A: It's awesome. The best.

Q: So, why don't you live there?

The fact remains that all of Pennsylvania is a dump and people who live there can't wait to leave. It makes them feel better to support their teams after they have left the cities where they can't find jobs due to:

1. No jobs being available

2. The incompetence of the people looking for jobs.

Been to Pittsburgh ( named after armpitts) and been to Philly ( true story,was 18 just finished bootcamp at Ft. Dix, NJ. Went to see a movie and was almost robbed had to duck in McDonalds.) I was a die hard Colts fan b4 the panthers arrived, these people just wont go away. However we fueled the fire along with the giants by not showing up in the playoffs last year, either 2 could have won.

Archived