• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Black and Yellow plague

Dragon Spooker

Not that game, but I have been to A preseason game versus Pittsburgh (we play them about every year) and yeah, it sucks to be outnumbered in your own stadium. Was I upset? YES, but then once I realized all the things people have been trying to tell you I chilled out.

It would not be like that in a regular season game...trust me. The only instance is if we were having a 2001-type season. Speaking of which, I was one of the FEW people in the stands for that 15th and blowout loss versus the Patriots.

I'm done with it now. I'm glad the preseason is over. No more excuses.

Absolutely true. I have done it with him many times over the years. He is definitely over exuberant, but at the tailgate at least he was not inebriated. Everytime the Panthers score, he runs down the stairs, and runs back up high fiving everyone. He cheers, he yells, he is the kind of FAN you want around, and for some reason he gets ejected. It's incredibly depressing because now he wants to sell his PSLs....hopefully he will calm down but he is stubborn.

I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the anonymous text message thing that was set up recently. I wonder how seriously that security takes it....if so, I'm wondering when I'm going to get thrown out.

Not that game, but I have been to A preseason game versus Pittsburgh (we play them about every year) and yeah, it sucks to be outnumbered in your own stadium. Was I upset? YES, but then once I realized all the things people have been trying to tell you I chilled out.

It would not be like that in a regular season game...trust me. The only instance is if we were having a 2001-type season. Speaking of which, I was one of the FEW people in the stands for that 15th and blowout loss versus the Patriots.

I was there for that game too...me and my friends got on the front page of the Observer that year for wearing wifebeaters that spelled out 1-15 in 30 degree weather. They re ran it the day of the Superbowl.

The saddest thing about last night is that at least to me, some Panthers fans seemed scared to cheer because Steelers fans were taunting and waving their towels.

My favorite conversation with a fan with a lot of tattoos last night:

Him: I hate Delhomme. We should have signed Michael Vick.

Me: Why? We don't even know if he can play since he's been in prison the last two years.

Him: So have I.

Me: Ummm. Oh.

My favorite conversation with a fan with a lot of tattoos last night:

Him: I hate Delhomme. We should have signed Michael Vick.

Me: Why? We don't even know if he can play since he's been in prison the last two years.

Him: So have I.

Me: Ummm. Oh.

Nice stuff here.

Thats one of the problems and not an excuse. "most psl holders like myself don't give a rats rearend about preseason games". Exactly my damn point! You didn't hear the Steelers fans saying that! They showed up like it was a playoff game! IN OUR DAMN STADIUM!!!!!!!!!

So the Steelers play here in the preseason once every two years. Its easy to act like its the super bowl when you only goto 1 game every 2 years.

I went to 10 Panther games last year. Not including the preseason. I don't care about going crazy for preseason games.

I watch all the preseason games on NFLN. Green Bay is the only stadium in the league that is full for a preseason game. Pittsburgh included.

Your not alone. All warm weather states have this issue. The show up in droves in Arizona and San Diego too. I guess Pittsburg is a great place to be from. It sucks for sure. Your not alone though.

Btw JJ Jansen interned at my office when he was going to Notre Dame. Nice kid, I hope he has a good season for you guys.

See you guys in November

So the Steelers play here in the preseason once every two years. Its easy to act like its the super bowl when you only goto 1 game every 2 years.

I went to 10 Panther games last year. Not including the preseason. I don't care about going crazy for preseason games.

I watch all the preseason games on NFLN. Green Bay is the only stadium in the league that is full for a preseason game. Pittsburgh included.

I understand all that. But you will never find Heinz field or Lambeau field filled with forty thousand opposing team fans either acting as if they owned it.

I understand all that. But you will never find Heinz field or Lambeau field filled with forty thousand opposing team fans either acting as if they owned it.

That's because the only people that live there are people who were born and raised there and couldn't get out. What person from another area of the country would want to move to Green Bay or Pittsburgh? Charlotte is a different story.

That's because the only people that live there are people who were born and raised there and couldn't get out. What person from another area of the country would want to move to Green Bay or Pittsburgh? Charlotte is a different story.

You're right. But they will damn sure talk as if they were the greatest places on earth. All the time they're down here stinkin up the place.

Hah! It's easy to be a "dedicated" Steelers fan. They always win. They pick up bandwagon fans every year in every city. That's why they are all over the country.

Maybe the most "overrated" fans in all of sports. I'll buy that.

OK.

So I've been lurking long enough

Most people who are not Steelers fans just don't "get it"...

So...if you want to try to learn something about how a HUGE fanbase originates, watch this...it's a little long, but it is why We are EVERYWHERE, in every stadium, on every street corner.

We are not bandwagonners.

My cousin goes to Duke. She is a die-hard Steelers fan. Her sister goes to UTennesse. She is a diehard Steelers fan. Their parents live in Memphis. They are die-hard Steelers fans. I live in Alabama. Guess which team I bleed for? Guess the colors of my blood. We were all born in Pittsburgh. It gets passed down from generation to generation...Nobody jumps on the Bandwagon. You are born into it.

As for the Eagles fan suggesting that the city of Pittsburgh sucks---please. Have you taken a really good look at Philthadelphia lately? (BTW, a good friend of mine lives there--he's the one who calls it that)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1527321414

BTW, This is not my Myspace account

Archived