• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Black and Yellow plague

Dragon Spooker

Last night I watched the game with a friend that I have made since living up here and she is a die hard Steelers fan. She also has an uncle who has lived in the Charlotte area for some time now. He too is a die hard Steelers fan, his two sons are die hard Steeler fans. They also own PSLs to the Panthers and go to all of the games. They support the Panthers because it is their home team and the ONLY time they don't support the Panthers is when they play the Steelers.

I'm not sure how many Panther "fans" are like them but we could use more. They don't support the Panthers because they are winning or losing but because they are their hometown team. Something they learned while in PA.

And for the record, while everyone I have meet in PA hassels me about not being a Steelers fan they also will be supportive because, just because you move to another area doesn't mean you stop being a fan. And just like the Charlotte Steelers fans, I pull for the Steelers as long as they are not playing the Panthers.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand. We need more fans that root for the Panthers because it is Geographically convenient? We need more fans that contribute to our home field being taken over by the opposition?

No thanks, I'm a Panthers fan first and last. And I'll be damned if I ever root for the Redskins or Ravens because they are closer to my house, and then suddenly change allegiances when the Cats show up. That's not fandom, that's a fish swimming with the current

Because most of those fourty thousand didn't travel from Pittsburgh, but live in or relatively close to Charlotte.

As far as the tickets, most PSL holders like myself don't give a rats rearend about preseason games especially the one with the starters playing the least when you have to travel a considerable distance. I've sold or ate preseason tickets for years now. My brother and niece went last night at a two for one rate on the tickets I sold them.

Thats one of the problems and not an excuse. "most psl holders like myself don't give a rats rearend about preseason games". Exactly my damn point! You didn't hear the Steelers fans saying that! They showed up like it was a playoff game! IN OUR DAMN STADIUM!!!!!!!!!

Gotta keep in mind that this is the one and only chance the Steeler fans have to see their team locally (for Steeler fans in this area). They will do whatever to get into that stadium. I can understand being disinterested in attending from a Panthers fan viewpoint especially on a week night and the opening day of college football with two local teams starting things off. I wouldn't worry about defending your home so much on the most meaningless game of the year.

A steeler chick in our row flashed Heinz Ward last night. Meanwhile, my friend got ejected for trying to get people to do the CATS cheer. Not BofAs finest evening.

I think that guy called WFNZ this morning...said he had been doing the chant for 14 years.

Gotta keep in mind that this is the one and only chance the Steeler fans have to see their team locally (for Steeler fans in this area). They will do whatever to get into that stadium. I can understand being disinterested in attending from a Panthers fan viewpoint especially on a week night and the opening day of college football with two local teams starting things off. I wouldn't worry about defending your home so much on the most meaningless game of the year.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Thats one of the problems and not an excuse. "most psl holders like myself don't give a rats rearend about preseason games". Exactly my damn point! You didn't hear the Steelers fans saying that! They showed up like it was a playoff game! IN OUR DAMN STADIUM!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, and it will be the only damn time most of them will get to see them LIVE THIS year, preseason or not. What part of that don't you get?

Your obviously upset in a preseason game that the turnout wasn't that great for our team. Have you read the article where about 11 teams will face blackouts this year due to lack of ticket sales? Yes, REGULAR season!

Get over it man. Now if this were a regular season game, I'd be right there with you. You are putting way too much stock in preseason.

Still gotta vent. Home game is a home game. We get 10. if we're lucky maybe one or two at the end. Thats not a lot of oppurtunities for a real fan to actually go out and support their team in their stadium. I can understand with baseball or even basketball when you play about 300 hundred damn games a season. Football season is relatively short. Fan support shoud be there. Regardless of when or what kind of game it is. Last nite was an abomination. With that i'm done with it......unless somebody pisses me off again.

I think that guy called WFNZ this morning...said he had been doing the chant for 14 years.

Absolutely true. I have done it with him many times over the years. He is definitely over exuberant, but at the tailgate at least he was not inebriated. Everytime the Panthers score, he runs down the stairs, and runs back up high fiving everyone. He cheers, he yells, he is the kind of FAN you want around, and for some reason he gets ejected. It's incredibly depressing because now he wants to sell his PSLs....hopefully he will calm down but he is stubborn.

Yeah, and it will be the only damn time most of them will get to see them LIVE THIS year, preseason or not. What part of that don't you get?

Your obviously upset in a preseason game that the turnout wasn't that great for our team. Have you read the article where about 11 teams will face blackouts this year due to lack of ticket sales? Yes, REGULAR season!

Get over it man. Now if this were a regular season game, I'd be right there with you. You are putting way too much stock in preseason.

YOU were'nt there. YOU wouldn't understand.

YOU were'nt there. YOU wouldn't understand.

Not that game, but I have been to A preseason game versus Pittsburgh (we play them about every year) and yeah, it sucks to be outnumbered in your own stadium. Was I upset? YES, but then once I realized all the things people have been trying to tell you I chilled out.

It would not be like that in a regular season game...trust me. The only instance is if we were having a 2001-type season. Speaking of which, I was one of the FEW people in the stands for that 15th and blowout loss versus the Patriots.

Archived