• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Black and Yellow plague

Dragon Spooker

Hah! It's easy to be a "dedicated" Steelers fan. They always win. They pick up bandwagon fans every year in every city. That's why they are all over the country.

Maybe the most "overrated" fans in all of sports. I'll buy that.

They've been good, like really good, for almost an entire decade. If I remember correctly, the last time they didn't make the playoffs consistently was in the late 90s. If they had a couple of terrible seasons and the Panthers conversely won a Super Bowl or made a couple deep playoff runs, I bet you'd see some of their fans in the Carolinas convert. That's just the nature of your average NFL fan.

They show tremendous support for their team all over the country. Who cares if they are "bandwagon"? They are still great fans because of their support of the team, IMO.

You better make sure your neighbors in Cleveland don't see you defending Steeler nation. :D

Regardless of preseason, loyalty, history, bandwagon or whatever reason you can come up with. It was still ridiculous being in that stadium yesterday. I try not to rant on our fanbase but it was a pathetic showing for our team. Im not bashing the Panther fans that were there. The fans inside really tried to get loud and compete with the steeler fans even with a mediocre at best preseason performance by the team. The absence of the rest of the so called fans was sickening. No hometeam stadium should be over run by an opposing team fanbase like that. Ever.

Charlotte is a city of transients almost like any large city. If you were to go into a restaurant on a busy Friday night and conduct a poll of "native" Charlotteans, you may be lucky to get 25%. I can tell you now, I am a native of Charlotte and it is not the same town it was 30 years ago.

In short, if you go to any large event in Charlotte there will be more people not from Charlotte than from the Queen City. I agree with a previous poster, just because they moved to Charlotte doesn't necessarily mean they will convert to being a fan.

I move to Georgia a few years ago and there's no way in hell I'm converting to a Falcons' fan! Lastly, they won the Super Bowl as many have said. Do you remember how many Colts jerseys you saw after they won? They were everywhere and the Colts don't have the national following the Steelers do.

Charlotte is a city of transients almost like any large city. If you were to go into a restaurant on a busy Friday night and conduct a poll of "native" Charlotteans, you may be lucky to get 25%. I can tell you now, I am a native of Charlotte and it is not the same town it was 30 years ago.

In short, if you go to any large event in Charlotte there will be more people not from Charlotte than from the Queen City. I agree with a previous poster, just because they moved to Charlotte doesn't necessarily mean they will convert to being a fan.

I move to Georgia a few years ago and there's no way in hell I'm converting to a Falcons' fan! Lastly, they won the Super Bowl as many have said. Do you remember how many Colts jerseys you saw after they won? They were everywhere and the Colts don't have the national following the Steelers do.

I understand that. Most cities these days are full of people from other regions. But how do forty thousand steeler fans get tickets to a Panther home game where the majority of the seats are owned by Panther fans. It's the lack of dedication by our own damn fanbase! No excuses!

I understand that. Most cities these days are full of people from other regions. But how do forty thousand steeler fans get tickets to a Panther home game where the majority of the seats are owned by Panther fans. It's the lack of dedication by our own damn fanbase! No excuses!

Because most of those fourty thousand didn't travel from Pittsburgh, but live in or relatively close to Charlotte.

As far as the tickets, most PSL holders like myself don't give a rats rearend about preseason games especially the one with the starters playing the least when you have to travel a considerable distance. I've sold or ate preseason tickets for years now. My brother and niece went last night at a two for one rate on the tickets I sold them.

Welcome to my hell! Not only do I live in the heart of Steeler nation, and it is a nation, but I am probably one only a very same handful of people that pull for a team other than the Steelers.

Last night I watched the game with a friend that I have made since living up here and she is a die hard Steelers fan. She also has an uncle who has lived in the Charlotte area for some time now. He too is a die hard Steelers fan, his two sons are die hard Steeler fans. They also own PSLs to the Panthers and go to all of the games. They support the Panthers because it is their home team and the ONLY time they don't support the Panthers is when they play the Steelers.

I'm not sure how many Panther "fans" are like them but we could use more. They don't support the Panthers because they are winning or losing but because they are their hometown team. Something they learned while in PA.

And for the record, while everyone I have meet in PA hassels me about not being a Steelers fan they also will be supportive because, just because you move to another area doesn't mean you stop being a fan. And just like the Charlotte Steelers fans, I pull for the Steelers as long as they are not playing the Panthers.

Archived