• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Great preseason game

1789Cardiac Cats9020

We didn't win, but you can't tell me that after watching tonight's game, this team isn't ready for the regular season.

Kenny Moore will be the division's surprise of the year. He really does look like Steve Smith the way he moves.

Nick Hayden, you sir had a great game. I feel great about our defensive line...honestly I do. The last two games, we've been great against the run, and one really saw the gang tackling mentality in its full glory tonight. Nick Hayden was the star of the defense tonight, with Brown a close second

J.Leman, welcome to the Carolina Panthers, make yourself at home.

Captain Munnerlyn: not this year kid...maybe practice squad, but this was a bad night for you

Dwayne Jarrett: Out of all our WRs not named Steve Smith, this guy is the one guy I know will catch anything that's catchable,........as long as he's open and they actually dare throw it to him

Josh McCown: You did better than Matt Moore...that'll do pig, that'll do

Mike Goodson: sweet merciful Jesus, the kid can run, but those fumbles I tell you what....that's gonna get him in the dog house real quick if he doesn't fix it.

I love the way we looked today. we lost on what some might call fluke plays, but overall, we were stone cold solid on all fronts. Here's to the regular season

Gotta say I disagree about McCown and Moore, I thought Moore was hands down much better. Sometimes you have to look past a bad throw and look at all the great ones. If Barnidge holds on to that one over the middle then that would have been a huge play. McCown on the other hand missed a couple of receivers high and over threw King on a sure TD. Moore was better tonight but McCown will be the number two, which is fine by me.

Listening to the radio--

Ummm its SOUNDED a lot WORSE than you said..... Tackles were missed, they drove down field almost at will until the 4th qrt and we just took 3 steps forward, 2 steps back every time we had a chance.

I will get to see the game on Sun, but when Mick Mixon calls a play an embarrasement its bad... (he always toes the company line)

Listening to the radio--

Ummm its SOUNDED a lot WORSE than you said..... Tackles were missed, they drove down field almost at will until the 4th qrt and we just took 3 steps forward, 2 steps back every time we had a chance.

I will get to see the game on Sun, but when Mick Mixon calls a play an embarrasement its bad... (he always toes the company line)

I could have hooked you up with a stream...

No I agree with what was said, it wasn't nearly as bad as the score looked. As far as the defense I thought they played pretty well until the third string guys came in. There was a stretch where the Steelers couldn't do anything and their QB was running for his life. It was much like the New York game where we fumbled away the game right before the half, not that it really matters because the game doesn't count. We are 0-0 as of right now, glad its over.

I can't be the only one that remembers the drive where the Steelers backups trucked all over our starters ending with a random fifth-string back breaking about five tackles by probably defensive starters for a touchdown right?

Take it how you will, I take that as a fluke play, you won't see that in the regular season. Also, if you can't give Hayden credit where its due after all the fire he's taken this season, then so be it.

Archived