• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beason and Stewart will be ready for week 1

CM86

Charles Chandler with a bit more information:

RB Stewart still on hold, but hopeful

Panthers running back Jonathan Stewart still isn’t giving any assurances that he’ll play in the season opener against Philadelphia, but he indicated there’s a chance he’ll try to practice this week.

Stewart said after Thursday night’s exhibition against Pittsburgh that he still has soreness in his Achilles but that “we’ll see how things play out” this week.

Stewart hasn’t practiced since Aug. 11 and participated in only eight practices during training camp after sitting out all minicamp and summer school drills.

He said he’s been staying in shape by doing pool exercises with team trainers.

“Mentally, it’s been real tough,” said Stewart. “The good thing is, with the playbook, I’ve got that kind of tucked into my belt. Because of that (compared to his rookie preseason last year), it’s been a lot easier. I’m not worried about the plays, (but) it’s frustrating to not be able to get out there and improve in areas I know I can improve in.”

-- Charles Chandler

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

At this point, Beason is much more important to have on the field. The defense will improve immediately with him at the helm. Stewart would be great to have back in the game, but if he's not ready then D-Will can take more carries with Goodson stepping in and the running game will be just as deadly.

Archived