• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gil Brandt dropping truth bombs

Jeremy Igo

Compare Rodgers "resume" to Cam as a 25/26 year old.  Not.  Even.  Close.

You'd have to compare the team as a whole then. I think you missed the complete point though. He's saying if you put Newton instead of Rodgers, he'd be successful. A whole different statement than "Compare their resumes until now.". 

That's the truth, Cam has had less help than any young QB in recent memory the fact that he has put up the record breaking numbers is a testament to how good he is.

I have no doubt if the panthers decide to become a pass heavy team Cam can handle it with ease.

Posted the tweet on Facebook... Got this from a Falcons Fan: 

Aaron Rodgers is the best quarterback in the league bar none. Without aaron no one would know who jordy nelson or or Cobb are. Dude can make virtually any pass from any angle at the blink of an eye. Cam will NEVER be in same category as Aaron, period point blank. Gil needs to do everyone a favor and kill himself and you believe his retarded ass tweet then you should follow suit

Compare Rodgers "resume" to Cam as a 25/26 year old.  Not.  Even.  Close.

Well to be fair, Rodgers sat behind Brett Favre his first several years. Who was Cam gonna sit behind? Jimmy Clausen?

All that said, I'm glad were high on Gil Brandt again. He said something mildly negative about Newton a while back and got ripped for being "old and senile".

Brandt is a very smart man.

Shula's actually a half-decent playcaller as long as you're outside the red zone.

Once you get into the red zone though, yikes!

Maybe we'd be better off if we could swap those two traits...of course then we'd probably never make it to the red zone.

I could agree with the "almost" part. Maybe not quite as successful but pretty close. It is also a lot of different variables that would probably change with that over time, so who knows? Interesting to think about though. It could probably be argued that you could slide Cam into any of the last four Super Bowl winning teams and he could be as or almost as successful.

Does anyone else get annoyed with the whole "if cam was on this team or had this player he'd be awesome" comments. To me it's such a silly argument. You can't evaluate a qb in a vacuum. Everything plays into it including coaching. These are just tired, lazy arguments that don't really change anything and could never in a million years be substantiated. But feel free to continue to roll around in your hypothetical warm blanket. I'm too concerned with reality to give a crap.

Does anyone else get annoyed with the whole "if cam was on this team or had this player he'd be awesome" comments. To me it's such a silly argument. You can't evaluate a qb in a vacuum. Everything plays into it including coaching. These are just tired, lazy arguments that don't really change anything and could never in a million years be substantiated. But feel free to continue to roll around in your hypothetical warm blanket. I'm too concerned with reality to give a crap.

Valid point.

Archived