• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gil Brandt dropping truth bombs

Jeremy Igo

I wish we can drop off Shula in GB and not pick him up

I'm hoping for better.  I'm really really keeping my fingers crossed.

But if there's a guy who can look at Cam, KB, Funch, Ginn, and Thor and think "best strategy? run over tackle, run over guard, third and long pass, punt!" its Mike Shula.

Being able to run the ball is a fantastic luxury.  Just ask the Seahawks.

But its a passing league.  The rules are SET UP to pass the ball.  Use those rules to your damn advantage!

This kid has been maligned and criticized, but I think most of his perceived problems -- throws too hard, lacks accuracy -- are more in the public's imagination than anything. 

The good feels abound in that article. Even Casserly toned down his "red flags". But Brandt is right. I pay close attention to Rodgers, he's my 2nd favorite QB, & I see the similarities. Cam needs time. They forget how he started his rookie year on lockout. No other first pick had to do what he did to start his career.

I'll beat the dead horse again.  Until the albatross known as Shula is removed, we will not know the true potential of Cam as a NFL QB.

Unfortunately ... I believe you. Given the right OC, they would leverage Cam's strengths and not rely on them as a last resort.

Archived