• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you think Josh Norman will be here next season?

CelibatePimp

Um...you agree with my stance. You do realize we are on the same page? Hence why I said it would be prudent, as in "Self Serving" to sign Josh now. I could have used, millions instead of 1or 2 mil. Other than that. Goooooooo Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I find it totally acceptable to call CJ elite. The dude is as good as they come. When healthy is defiantly a top DE in this mans league.

The only stat I have off the top of my head is that he is near the top of the list in Sacks over the last 5 years. Throw in his elite level run play. And you have yourself one Elite DE there my friend. Pro-Bowls or not, CJ is one bad cat.

I know I just thought the 1 or 2 million over the course of the contract was wayyy off.

As for CJ, it depends how you define elite. I see it as top tier, separated from all other players at the position other than maybe 2 or 3 others at most. CJ hasn't been a top 5 DE for 5 straight years. Top 10 yes, and absolutely among the best at the position. But not elite. Guys like Quinn and Watt are elite.

I know I just thought the 1 or 2 million over the course of the contract was wayyy off.

As for CJ, it depends how you define elite. I see it as top tier, separated from all other players at the position other than maybe 2 or 3 others at most. CJ hasn't been a top 5 DE for 5 straight years. Top 10 yes, and absolutely among the best at the position. But not elite. Guys like Quinn and Watt are elite.s

Yupperz. I defiantly undervalued Josh's value in the FA market. I was thinking we could offer him something like 5x4 for 20mil. Thinking he wouldn't get more that 6-7x4 mil. I know 4-8mil is a good chunk of change. So would our offer be close enough for Josh to stay. But, if he plays as anticipated, he could very well  be looking at 8-10mil offers. Which is an even bigger chunk of change.  Is it enough to tempt him?

Sign him now, and pay the kid. Wait a year, and pay him more. Or wait a year, and lose him? I know which option I'm picking. How the Panthers deal with this is going to tell us a lot about their philosophy in terms of the CB/DB positions. Cuz if they don't sign Josh now, we just might lose him.

Pay Josh now and solidify our CB position for the, at least, foreseeable future.

I know this, you know this, Josh knows this, and Gman knows this. So, this, is gon get interesting.

As for CJ. Some guys stop the run better, other rush the passer better. CJ does both. Very well thank you. It's okay, lots of folks know how well CJ plays. He isn't a secret. Well, somewhat of a secret. And he has been doing so for 5 years, which is a pretty large sample size.

If you don't see what the rest of us see about CJ? You should look a tab bit deeper. You seem to be missing something.

As for CJ. Some guys stop the run better, other rush the passer better. CJ does both. Very well thank you. It's okay, lots of folks know how well CJ plays. He isn't a secret. Well, somewhat of a secret. And he has been doing so for 5 years, which is a pretty large sample size.

If you don't see what the rest of us see about CJ? You should look a tab bit deeper. You seem to be missing something.

​I see exactly what the film shows. The film don't lie. He's not an "elite" DE in my meaning of the word. He is not on Watt's or Quinn's level at stopping the run OR rushing the passer. Hell even Hardy was better than him in 2013 at both.

I hate to say it, but I doubt it.  Norman was a stud the last half of the season, and I don't see Panthers signing him to an extension early.  So if he replicates his play from last year; he will be looking at serious money.  And with Luke's deal coming up; I don't think Gettleman will pull the trigger on a big deal for him.  

I'm sure, Gettleman will make a pitch; and Norman might have his heart in the Carolinas; but teams with big salary space, will come calling with a open check book.  

​I see exactly what the film shows. The film don't lie. He's not an "elite" DE in my meaning of the word. He is not on Watt's or Quinn's level at stopping the run OR rushing the passer. Hell even Hardy was better than him in 2013 at both.

Well I guess it's settled then. You don't see elite when you look at CJ. I see elite when I look at CJ. Glad we got that cleared up.

I hate to say it, but I doubt it.  Norman was a stud the last half of the season, and I don't see Panthers signing him to an extension early.  So if he replicates his play from last year; he will be looking at serious money.  And with Luke's deal coming up; I don't think Gettleman will pull the trigger on a big deal for him.  

I'm sure, Gettleman will make a pitch; and Norman might have his heart in the Carolinas; but teams with big salary space, will come calling with a open check book.  

Which is exactly why they need to sign him now. Get it settled. Lock up a key starter. All those good reasons.

Well I guess it's settled then. You don't see elite when you look at CJ. I see elite when I look at CJ. Glad we got that cleared up.

Which is exactly why they need to sign him now. Get it settled. Lock up a key starter. All those good reasons.

​charles johnson is not elite

​Best as I can do the math right now, we'll have about $18 million cap space next year PLUS whatever it gets raised by PLUS whatever we rollover from this year.

We can afford to wait a year on Norman if Gettleman chooses to. We'll have plenty of cap space.

​Best as I can do the math right now, we'll have about $18 million cap space next year PLUS whatever it gets raised by PLUS whatever we rollover from this year.

We can afford to wait a year on Norman if Gettleman chooses to. We'll have plenty of cap space.

Cap space or not. You don't want to have to pay millions more than you could have. The only reason I can think of why they wouldn't extend Josh now is that they don't plan on paying him at all. Which would mean that the CB position really is a plug and play position. I guess when you draft well, and play the FA market like a fiddle, you can afford to let talent walk,

We can get Josh relatively cheap right now. If he plays to anticipated levels. We could lose him because we may not be able to afford him.

3 things can be done with Josh, and 2 of them are bad.

Archived