• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I guess I was on target regarding Newton...

Jeremy Igo

Personally, I think that Cam's deal was a no brain er. If we waited till after the season his price may be way too high for us to afford to keep him. As far as his performance in OTA's, I'm not QB's that doesn't look good in OTA's. Aside from that, it's not like there was another Luck type QB coming out in foreseeable future... 

There's a ton of people trying to make Igo look like a boob with bad reading comprehension. Obviously everything he's done since entering the NFL 4 years ago factored into their decision. But the one thing that could make it all fall through was his health. The Panthers got a great look at him in the OTAs and I think that is Jeremy's point here. 

The timing might have something to do with yesterday's date. DeAngelo's contract is now officially off the books. Players designated as June 1 cuts still count towards the cap prior to June 1. I don't think it created a lot of room but DG may have wanted a little more flexibility in his negotiations. 

please let me pat you on the back!! or maybe you would prefer some pie so that you can continue to be atop the leaderboard in that side thing of the layout so that you feel validated for all of your hard work!!!

seriously, congratulations!

Archived