• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jumping on WFNZ at 7:45

Jeremy Igo

Recap:

Mac: It seemed like it was the Stephen Hill show out at OTAs.  Are you buying into Hill working out or are you still skeptical?

Igo: Hill is an enigma.  He looked good, but disagree that it was the Hill show.  Instead, I believe it was the Corey Brown show.  Corey put on a clinic and it looks like he's faster then he was last year.

Jim: Do you think Corey will get more snaps at the line then Ginn?

Igo: I think he'll have that opportunity with the way he looked on Thursday.  We'll have to wait until training camp to know for certain.

Mac: How tough are cuts going to be this year at the WR position?

Igo: It's going to be the first time in a long time that whoever does get cut actually goes to play on another team.  Absolute locks are KB and Funchess.

Jim: How healthy is Cam?

Igo: Cam looked as good as he did his rookie year.  Didn't appear to be in pain.  During TC last year, he was struggling just walking off the field.  However, it's hard to be say just by watching OTAs since no pressure is allowed.  In TC, we'll be able to see how he does with his footwork with someone in his face.

Mac: What's your take on right DE?  Ealy has biggest upside, but still raw.  Alexander seems like he's getting the first shot at it.  Who do you see taking the starting spot?

Igo: I think it's Kony Ealy.  He came into his own in November.  He had lower-body strength issues during TC last year, but as he built on this, you could really see him getting comfortable.  Thinks Ealy will have a breakout season.

Jim: We can't talk football without talking LT.  Are we still wait-and-see on Oher?  Is he better then Bell?

Igo: In OTAs, it's hard to say since there is no contact allowed.  He threw in the Chef analogy.  He looks fine.  With Martin as the second string, we're in better shape then we were last year this time.

---------------

Overall, a great job, but I too am disappointed about the lack of ice cream discussion.

I was fine with the lack of ice cream discussion. Don't have a huge sweet tooth. Glad that the WR discussion was straightened out. Haven't heard a lot of talk about Kony Ealy. Interesting to hear that Igo thinks he has the best shot to start at RDE. Will be waiting to hear how he does this week. Is there contact this week or does that not start until Camp?

I was fine with the lack of ice cream discussion. Don't have a huge sweet tooth. Glad that the WR discussion was straightened out. Haven't heard a lot of talk about Kony Ealy. Interesting to hear that Igo thinks he has the best shot to start at RDE. Will be waiting to hear how he does this week. Is there contact this week or does that not start until Camp?

No contact until camp. No pads until day 3 of camp. 

Archived