• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First Huddle Draft in the Books ~ and lots you can learn

PntherPryd

The first huddle draft is in the books for the JR conference. If you draft Sunday/Monday this thread will be of great value.

1) draft timer set at one minute. some think it is too short but the draft lasted 1:24 so I'm keeping it at one minute.

2) If you pre-rank and choose to auto draft, and then show up for the live draft....use your control panel to disable auto or make your selection well before time runs out or live with the auto draft (sorry Saint, not 100% fair to you but I did warn you twice before draft and I would have had to screw up the first round for everybody else.)

the pre-rank works very well as you can rank the entire player list, players you'd like by round and positions you'd like by round. Lots of guys who auto-drafted will have sweet teams. If anyone has questions on how to auto draft just play around with the controls or ask. I had absolutely Zero requests for practice drafts so there will be a shortage of patience in the draftroom from the commish. It is YOUR responsibility to learn the ropes, not mine to teach them.

In future drafts we will have a codeword, "STOP". type that and the commish does not pause draft, he reverts picks. During this draft we found that I would pause timer but guys would pick anyway. There is no way to stop the draft, only revert it. If you type "STOP" too late you are out of luck. We will not revert a string of picks. Again, this is not a science, Shinner asked for a late re-do but because I was also drafting for two available teams I could not keep up with chat. Hawk has volunteered to help with future drafts so we hope to tighten up the process. Anyone else that can help please let me know.

Anyone that was in tonights draft and has some feedback please do so!

NO prob. There are just so many different systems out there and they all vary in how they work. I know i had it set to a pre-draft list(in case i couldnt make it), but thought it would still take my full time the 1st round until i timed out. It doesnt.

So for anyone else that shows up and sees "predraft slection made" by your name, better go change it.

a few glitches, but I honestly found that the less you played with the system prior to the draft, the better it went! I had no problems at all other than I had to remind myself how to select the person I wanted and then draft him, but I was on a laptop and the screan was cut off!!!!

What does piss me off, is the scoring rules change...for passing TDs. When did that happen? I had just gone thru all the rules earlier this week and it was 4 per TD.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/zods-fantasy-land/17564-huddle-fantasy-league-scoring.html

This was posted 8/17 I think but the scoring changes were talked about quite a bit in an earlier thread. It was decided pretty early to change the qb scoring.

I can also help out if you need it.

that would be great, I'll shoot you some info. I might have to miss my own draft on Sunday so I'd love to have two guys watching the draft.

another key or two from last night; push "refresh" on your browser every round. helps to avoid glitches.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/zods-fantasy-land/17564-huddle-fantasy-league-scoring.html

This was posted 8/17 I think but the scoring changes were talked about quite a bit in an earlier thread. It was decided pretty early to change the qb scoring.

Hmm, you'd think something like that would deserve to be stickied... its on the 2nd fuggin page.

:dupe:

ill drop the subject after this, but it should have been changed on the league page when this was posted...not a day or two before the draft. I made it a point to go thru the league site this week and check out all the rules, scoring, how the draft works etc...didnt think of scrolling to page two of the forum to have to find the rule change.

I had just gone thru all the rules earlier this week and it was 4 per TD.

no you didn't...it's been that way for weeks (and was discussed to death). like I said in the chat during the draft, you were nappin' :)

Also, anyone who does the draft without running the player scoring stats from last year (which uses this year's scoring) is doing themselves a disservice. ADP in the draft list is fairly close to useless because it doesn't take into account our scoring system. Sure you'll get a guy that others think are the best available but that doesn't mean they are in our league.

no you didn't...it's been that way for weeks (and was discussed to death). like I said in the chat during the draft, you were nappin' :)

Also, anyone who does the draft without running the player scoring stats from last year (which uses this year's scoring) is doing themselves a disservice. ADP in the draft list is fairly close to useless because it doesn't take into account our scoring system. Sure you'll get a guy that others think are the best available but that doesn't mean they are in our league.

totally might have missed the draft chat....until i said something about QB scoring, but i assure you, i wasnt checking our scoring rules WEEKS ago. I was actually entering "our rules" into a mock draft program i got, just this week. So not sure where i was looking but it was this week. That being said, 1 pt per 50yards is still less than most leagues which is per 25.

As for your last sentence, thats why i wasnt grabbing a good QB earlier, because, i thought the TD value was less. Hopefully redneck Favre will go apeshit this year and be triumphant....:(

By the way, did we take away .5pt per reception too?

Whatever. Lets play it out.

totally might have missed the draft chat....until i said something about QB scoring, but i assure you, i wasnt checking our scoring rules WEEKS ago. I was actually entering "our rules" into a mock draft program i got, just this week. So not sure where i was looking but it was this week.

So you either entered the values wrong or were looking at last year's site...but that doesn't change the fact that the TD value was changed to 6 points on the site weeks ago. And the scoring change suggestions was a pretty hot topic in the ZFL forum for quite a while. If you check it out, you can see that one of the commish's did a lot of tweaking to try and bring balance to the scoring.

That being said, 1 pt per 50yards is still less than most leagues which is per 25.

That might be but we have what we have...the thread was made so people who played last year or are playing this year could voice their opinions. Only a few people bothered to post in the thread, the rest either ignored it or didn't give a poo. BTW, the commish tried a point per 25 but it threw things way out of whack. See posts 12 & 19.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/zods-fantasy-land/15108-scoring-other-suggestions-hcl.html

As for your last sentence, thats why i wasnt grabbing a good QB earlier, because, i thought the TD value was less.

Oh, I understand that you didn't realize the scoring change....

Archived