• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

As of Today, Remmers and Oher starting tackles

Jeremy Igo

​Gross Wharton and Kalil were all good when they played together. The right side has been suspect but still combined they graded out average.  so 2011 and 2013 were decent.  Hopefully this year we will be the best in the Cam era.

Quoted wrong post.

​Or Maybe simply because he signed with us right?

No it's not that simple. Maybe it's more than just a gut feeling. Im intrigued by Ohers ideal OT size, with the fact that his battle with the nagging toe injury seems to be over. Im excited that this former 1st round giant is being reunited with the position coach who he had his most productive play with. Yes Carolina being the team who signed him has a little to do with my excitement. 

In Baltimore and Tennessee remember that Oher wasn't exactly blocking for mobile quarterbacks. Blocking for Cam might be a big help for him.

​Actually, blocking for a mobile QB can be MORE difficult.

When blocking for a pocket passer, you know where the QB is supposed to be and you work to direct the guy away from that....usually pushing back and outside. 

With a mobile QB, you do not know where he will be scrambling and rolling to...often blocking to where you think he is not, only to find that he is there.

When blocking for a pocket passer, you know where the QB is supposed to be and you work to direct the guy away from that....usually pushing back and outside. 

With a mobile QB, you do not know where he will be scrambling and rolling to...often blocking to where you think he is not, only to find that he is there.

​Yea, it takes a little getting used to.

I hope to see Cam flourish from the pocket this season, and stay there more.

Oher still really really scares me at LT.  Between Remmers, Williams and Martin we're gonna have a good RT.  WOnder if one of those guys can try out the left side.

The whole league is scared at left tackle.  It seems to be a hard position to fill and like every draftable prospect is more of a right tackle these days.  Injuries also seem to plague the position. .  Possibly because no good LT coming in means the good ones stay longer and are more prone to injury.  Most all the teams are just getting by at LT and those that get a good one never want to let them go. 

What you said is Tr

​It's not negative but you don't want to be making decisions looking through rose-colored glasses.

True statement. If I had to make any decisions that impacted the team I could see where my "homerisim" definitely would cause a problem.

Oher still really really scares me at LT.  Between Remmers, Williams and Martin we're gonna have a good RT.  WOnder if one of those guys can try out the left side.

Jamie Dukes of NFLN says Ohr is trying out at LT too. I thought Ohr played some LT at Baltimore. Dukes says Ohr is set up to fail at LT. But .......... it's Jamie Dukes.

He talks about Ohr first in this video. You ​can turn it off about a minute in. :)

https://sports.yahoo.com/video/break-season-rgiii-oher-ingram-002700812.html

Archived