• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pssst..... they are watching you

Jeremy Igo

Let's not forget that Hurricane Katrina, for the horrible disaster it was, gave the team a shot in the arm. Benson blackmailed the NFL & the state of Louisiana for money. They became the only NFL story for the 2006 season. 

Their first game that first season after Hurricane Katrina was in Charlotte. It was one of the most depressing games I've ever attended. The NFL pushed to increase the Saints fanbase because former New Orleans residents were now spread across the south. And they showed up big at BoA stadium that Sunday. 

Without Hurricane Katrina, the Saints would've never come out of the cellar. Benson probably would have moved them to LA or Oklahoma City first.

Let's not forget that Hurricane Katrina, for the horrible disaster it was, gave the team a shot in the arm. Benson blackmailed the NFL & the state of Louisiana for money. They became the only NFL story for the 2006 season. 

Their first game that first season after Hurricane Katrina was in Charlotte. It was one of the most depressing games I've ever attended. The NFL pushed to increase the Saints fanbase because former New Orleans residents were now spread across the south. And they showed up big at BoA stadium that Sunday. 

Without Hurricane Katrina, the Saints would've never come out of the cellar. Benson probably would have moved them to LA or Oklahoma City first.

I watched that game. I was literally almost sick of hearing about how much heart all the multi millionaire dudes had for persevering through a GAME that the get payed that big money for playing.

As the Falcons and Saints continue their pillow fight to determine who sucks the most,  in their fierce rivalry..   the Panthers destroy both of them...on their way to division domination.   b2b kings of the south.

We are the kings.

Like the peasants they are.... the rival fans,  they plot,  they talk amongst themselves in secret,  trying to come up with ways to overthrow our reign.    This is all new to them,  but eventually they will learn their place and fall into line.  

Hi Hitler...

I can't think of any other team in the NFL that had to deal with more adversity on and off the field than the Panthers endured last season. Starting with Cams offseason surgery, missing the OTAs and having no chance to build any chemistry with his entirely revamped recieving core. The Hardy situation, the o-line debacle, Newtons ribs and car accident. Then there was the fact that one point in the season, we had 0 healthy RBs. The defenses slow start, horrid ST play ect... I could keep going. I think some people seem to have forgotten, that at one point in the season we were 3-8 and left for dead. In spite of all the adversity, this team never gave up, found a chemistry and gave us fans first ever B2B division titles. Not one of our division rivals fans can truthfully claim that their team had to deal with more turmoil than we did.

​oh but the saints deserved the division because they looked better on paper in july am i right

the 2014 season was a hell of a ride.  i mean we saw a team that looked like they would have a top ten draft pick as november came to a close come all the way back and win the division (humiliating a "superior" saints team on the way) and win a playoff game despite a poo hurricane off the field.  obviously it would have been easier on everybody's blood pressure if the panthers would have clenched a playoff berth in week 13 but that final month of the season was awesome.

To be fair, we have some pretty delusional fans ourselves.  We got "fans" that think Cam still has something to prove to get another contract and Kuechly just steals tackles 5+ yards past the los all game.

Do we have to acknowledge their fandom?

Amazing how quickly that thread died when a seemingly logical person posted some truth. 

The last  time I looked the post count was still at four. Most of the Saints Report members don't have the slightest idea how to respond to reason and logic.

Archived