• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pssst..... they are watching you

Jeremy Igo

too many Hurricanes and Hand Grenades will cause these kind of drunken fanboy delusions of grandeur.....

Damn I would kill for a Hand Grenade right now, they are delicious :)

....will mess you the eff up, but they are delicious. Is the best thing New Orleans has going for them IMHO.

Hah, their delusion is ridiculous.  I mean, I know this is the time of year that hope springs eternal, good lord how many times have we been on the opposite side, but they are going to extreme lengths to feel better.  I personally love the fact that it was brought up we won a crappy division...um...newsflash saints...YOU WERE ONE OF THE TEAMS IN THE CRAPPY DIVISION AND YOU DIDN'T MANAGE TO WIN IT.  Nothing about their offseason moves makes me think "gee, the saints just got better", in fact, they're a lot worse, and when they hit the field next year, their gonna see it early on.

I always consider myself a realist. Last year, I thought we would be 10-6, but we had a long losing streak in the middle of the season. Thankfully, we grew as a team and our young guys improved and got plenty of on the job experience as starters. IF, and I know this is a big IF, Michael Oher can be just AVERAGE, I think we will be a much improved Panthers team this year. WIth Ginn back, another 6'4" WR in Funchess, and hopefully another good Linebacker in the rookie Thompson, I see Carolina, not only winning the division again, but possibly going 11-5. I don't see how TB, NOLA, or ATL can say they improved as much as the Panthers this offseason, and they all sucked last year.

See here's the thing about Saints fans. They are one of the most blind homeristic fan bases in the NFL. Couple that with them being spoon fed poo like "They absolutely killed it this off season... they'll finish first in the NFCS" Adam Schefeter.... when everyone with a lick of sense thought 2 months ago they were a team imploding. And after the draft they still feel like a team grasping for straws. 
They sacrificed their strength (Offense getting rid of Jimmy and Stills etc.) to try to fix their weakness (Defense) all with the Idea that Breesus is enough to get them over any hump so why do they actually need passing weapons? They got a new Center but lost a probowl guard... they have a rookie LT.... problem is loosing that guard hurts worse since well they want to keep the CENTER of their line strong because of Drew's lack of height. The Saints are taking the approach that Drew is not starting to lose it and maybe he isn't cause his numbers were great last year.... BUT the eye test is telling us all the beginning of the end has started.
I look at their team and see where they think they're better which is the secondary. But they have 1 pass rusher and no LBs that jump out at you. Yes they added Spiller but meh. Saints fans will point out quick that Cooks will be back and yes he is a weapon but really how good of one... especially without Jimmy and Stills.

So when you see the Saints fans and what they say/think take it with a grain of salt. Their little brains are already wired to be a Homer then they have the national media telling everyone how good they are and they eat that poo up... along with the rest of the nation. And to them we are being the Homers BECAUSE no one in the national media is talking about us and we had a bad record last year too.... they don't want to look at the last half of the season where we put it all together. They don't know that the first 10 games of the year we had a different combo at OL. They want to ignore the fact that our QB was hurt... a lot. Or the fact that our main WR target was a rookie.... speaking of rookies lets ignore the fact we had what 5 starting. Cause you know players don't get better with experience right?

So they look at us like we look at them which is look at these dumb blind homers... they'll get a dose of reality as soon as the season starts. Only one of us will be right, I'll put my money on the back to back champs they seem to be building over the team that seems to be starting their downward slide.

Archived