• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stephen Hill focused on making the roster

Jeremy Igo

Predicted WR Depth Chart:

Kelvin Benjamin

Devin Funchess

Philly Brown

Ted Ginn

Stephen Hill

Jerricho Cotchery

(Joe Webb a cut candidate, Byrd, Lucas to PS, others gone)

This is the most plausible thing I have seen when judging who gets the roster spots. I may disagree with your order, but that's for another day.

What's different with Hill this year than last year where he was beat out on the roster by a UDFA rookie WR in Corey Brown, Bersin, and Joe Webb, and was on PS and had King picked off our PS before him to Jacksonville. I'd love to have him work out and be a steal but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

What's different with Hill this year than last year where he was beat out on the roster by a UDFA rookie WR in Corey Brown, Bersin, and Joe Webb, and was on PS and had King picked off our PS before him to Jacksonville. I'd love to have him work out and be a steal but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

​Ricky Proehl, Coaching. Coaching, Willingness, Humility and hardwork. Also, Time. 

​Ricky Proehl, Coaching. Coaching, Willingness, Humility and hardwork. Also, Time. 

I hope so, like I said I hope for the best that we got a steal,  but it says a lot that a 2nd round draft pick cleared waivers, stayed on our PS all year without getting a claim and was beat out for a roster spot by Bersin, Webb, and Brown. 

This article just reminds me of a Nate Chandler or left handed Bryon Bell feel good articles about them being tackles last year by Panthers.com

It definitely is a feel good article. Everybody likes an underdog or a comeback. It's something most of us can relate to in some fashion. I just think the more of these stories that come to fruition the stronger your positive momentum is felt in the locker room. 

He seems to be putting in the work though. I hope it works out as well, the raw athleticism is obviously there, the motivation seems to be there... There's no reason for him not to succeed. 

I've said it before that Hill has potential to make the roster with his physical characteristics. People wanted to say that he's had his chance and all this crap but Hill can be a game changer if he's shows some mediocum of catching consistency and wr acumen. 

What's different with Hill this year than last year where he was beat out on the roster by a UDFA rookie WR in Corey Brown, Bersin, and Joe Webb,

This is just completely false.  ​He wasn't "beat out" by them.  Hill was signed literally a couple of days before the regular season began.  Meaning he missed all of OTAs with us, training camp, and preseason.  He didn't know the playbook at all, and had absolutely zero chemistry with anyone on the roster.  All those other guys had already found their places on the depth chart through their OTAs, training camp, and preseason battles.  The roster was set by the time Hill got here.

Hill was a signing for the future, and it was largely expected he probably wouldn't play much at all, if any, last season.  We just spent all of 2014 helping develop him and letting him learn our offense for the following season, where he would actually get a chance to fight for a roster spot.

and was on PS and had King picked off our PS before him to Jacksonville. I'd love to have him work out and be a steal but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

This is wrong too.  We cut King back in August during the preseason.  Jacksonville scooped him up.  We picked up Hill in September right before the Bucs game.  At no point were they ever on the team at the same time.

Predicted WR Depth Chart:

Kelvin Benjamin

Devin Funchess

Philly Brown

Ted Ginn

Stephen Hill

Jerricho Cotchery

(Joe Webb a cut candidate, Byrd, Lucas to PS, others gone)

I don't disagree on the who. but I am curious why you think Philly Brown will be ahead of Ted Ginn, and why you think Hill will be ahead of Cotchery...

Like I always said, competition will determine who makes it and who doesn't. At this point, roster predictions are pretty pointless as it pertains to the WR corps. May the best men win, and lift this corps from the depths of mediocrity.

Archived