• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stephen Hill focused on making the roster

Jeremy Igo

Good article from my main man Brian Strickland (upcoming podcast guest)

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/WR-Hill-focused-on-earning-roster-spot/bc2abbcf-207f-42d4-bba4-8e9184154e89

"He's had a great attitude from Day One," 12th-year wide receiver  Jerricho Cotcheryicon-article-link.gif  said. "He just works so hard. He didn't come in as a guy who felt like he was entitled just because of where he was drafted. He just came in as a guy working on getting better."

That's exactly what Hill has done. Head coach Ron Rivera has mentioned on more than one occasion this offseason that Hill could help the Panthers in 2015, and Hill certainly wants to prove him right.

"Right now, it's just about making the team," Hill said during an exclusive interview with Panthers.com on the second day of organized team activities. "That's where my expectations are focused right now – just making the team and getting out there and helping out."

Video is worth a watch.  

That was the case last year for Webb but with the increased WR depth, special teams being seriously addressed this off season and assuming Cam stays healthy, Webb's emergency versatility might not be needed this year.

Lots of competition at WR this year.  A good WR or two will not make the roster, and that's a good thing.  With Benjamin nursing a hamstring the other guys will get a lot of reps.  I hope Hill makes the roster because of his speed but I doubt the Panthers keep Ginn, Brown, AND Hill.  They would keep Boykin before they kept those three because of special teams coverage value.

That was the case last year for Webb but with the increased WR depth, special teams being seriously addressed this off season and assuming Cam stays healthy, Webb's emergency versatility might not be needed this year.

​I think Cam's health was a big reason we kept Webb last year, and it proved to be necessary to have a backup to DA those 2 games. But if Cam makes it through the entire offseason at 100% (no broken ribs against the Patriots, please) then I think his roster spot becomes in jeopardy. I love him and want to see him make it, but I don't think we need to carry 3 QBs. He wouldn't be better than any of the WRs we keep and would probably be even worse than some we end up cutting, so that wouldn't be a reason to keep him. Yes, he was effective on special teams, but we just went out and signed a bunch of special teamers, so I think he'll have to fight for his spot. Not sure what'll end up happening with him, but he's nowhere near a lock. I'd actually love to see him stay if we can afford that roster spot on him, but we have a lot of depth at different positions that'll be hard to sort out. Love the bond between Cam, DA and Webb, as well as guys like KB and Philly. We have a great locker room, and I think Joe actually adds to it. Excited to see how it all plays out.

Archived