• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why the lovefest for Moore?

jpo287

Taye Biddle.

Okay, now that we're back to earth......

Kenneth Moore has potential to be a decent to average slot receiver. He is not exceptionally fast or exceptionally shifty, but he is smart with a tremendous work ethic and a great set of hands. He plays a bit like Keary Colbert during his rookie season, which is a good thing but in no way makes him a potential future star or anything of that nature.

The thing that I like about Kenneth Moore that many will dispute is that he is not a boom or bust player. We have too many of those already in our history with Drew Carter, Jason Carter, Dwayne Jarrett, etc. He is not an uber athletic player that can't figure out the position. He knows his role, he catches the ball and secures himself to take a hit and gets his first down. Nothing overly flashy against the first team. That smoke route was atypical of what he should bring and was successful for the first time in about four tries this preseason.

Every team needs a slot man like Moore because he gets his yardage and moves the chains. He probably will not break a 70 yard gainer, but he probably will not drop an open catch on 3rd down either.

Kenny was very productive with the smoke route at Wake. Regardless of what some may think, he is very shifty. He knows how to make the first guy miss.

He was on a talented ACC Championship team in '06 and was our season's savior. When our top 3 rb's went down with injuries he stepped in at running back and put up very good numbers, including a 100+ yard game against the Terps. He is not the fastest player in the NFL by any stretch, but he can jet. He had a punt return for a touchdown against FSU (which was called back b/c of a holding penalty) where he outran a host of Noles. Obviously, FSU speed is not NFL speed, but it is pretty close.

Kenny is a very good friend and I am thrilled to see him doing this well for my Panthers. I look forward to seeing him have a long, productive career for his hometown team!

Kenny was very productive with the smoke route at Wake. Regardless of what some may think, he is very shifty. He knows how to make the first guy miss.

He was on a talented ACC Championship team in '06 and was our season's savior. When our top 3 rb's went down with injuries he stepped in at running back and put up very good numbers, including a 100+ yard game against the Terps. He is not the fastest player in the NFL by any stretch, but he can jet. He had a punt return for a touchdown against FSU (which was called back b/c of a holding penalty) where he outran a host of Noles. Obviously, FSU speed is not NFL speed, but it is pretty close.

Kenny is a very good friend and I am thrilled to see him doing this well for my Panthers. I look forward to seeing him have a long, productive career for his hometown team!

Well if you talk to him tell him that we are all rooting for him and appreciate his hard work. Go Panthers!!!

Kenney looks like a keeper. He should be useful this season, and maybe next season Smith can really put him under his wing which would be great. Maybe Smith can make him a little faster. Thats all thats really missing for the guy, I'm not saying he's slow because he's not but he's not the type that will straight up blow the doors off of you. But he is very quick and does have some shiftyness and maybe after the next off season he hone in on his speed.

Kenney looks like a keeper. He should be useful this season, and maybe next season Smith can really put him under his wing which would be great. Maybe Smith can make him a little faster. Thats all thats really missing for the guy, I'm not saying he's slow because he's not but he's not the type that will straight up blow the doors off of you. But he is very quick and does have some shiftyness and maybe after the next off season he hone in on his speed.

I agree but you don't have to be extremely fast to be an elite receiver. Jerry Rice was pretty slow when compared to most other receivers, but he thrived from the type of offense (west coast) and the fact that he ran precise routes as well as having great hands. Moore can definitely improve his speed but I'd much rather have a guy who runs great routes, understands how to set up the DB's, and will catch the ball in traffic. Moore does all of those things pretty well for a second year player.

The difference is that Jarrett has had 2 full years to have solidified his #3 spot as WR. KM comes in and almost instantly makes his case.

That really doesn't have anything to do with it. If someone comes in and outplays another player, he will earn the spot above him (or at least that's the way it's supposed to work). It doesn't matter how long one has been here. It happens every year...with every team. And it's not alway because the vet on the team was bad, just that the younger guy played better.

In this case, Jarrett has done enough to get the #3 spot under normal circumstances, but Moore has come in and performed well enough to make a competition of it. That's why I said if Moore does get the #3 spot it will be because he earned it. Downplaying what Jarrett had done in an effort to tout Moore as the #3 is not giving Moore enough credit for making the most of his opportunity.

That really doesn't have anything to do with it. If someone comes in and outplays another player, he will earn the spot above him (or at least that's the way it's supposed to work). It doesn't matter how long one has been here. It happens every year...with every team. And it's not alway because the vet on the team was bad, just that the younger guy played better.

In this case, Jarrett has done enough to get the #3 spot under normal circumstances, but Moore has come in and performed well enough to make a competition of it. That's why I said if Moore does get the #3 spot it will be because he earned it. Downplaying what Jarrett had done in an effort to tout Moore as the #3 is not giving Moore enough credit for making the most of his opportunity.

You need to go back and read all my posts on KM. I am not Dplaying the play of Jarrrett. The #3 was Jarrett's to lose by default and IMO, he did just that

But come on, Jarrett has all the tools except for a friggin brain. KM has all the tools as well as intelligence. I posted about KM last year and his ability.

He quick and he uses that quickness to get off the LOS. Thats key to receivers too. Steve is very good at that. Add that with running routes we got a talent here that can grow year by year. He also has a work ethic with many people not thinking he can be a game changer coming out of college

I also think he's faster than what many people believe, more than his 40. Some people faster with pads on and when its time to play, and thats a plus. I watched some footage and he has good acceleration

Archived