• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why the lovefest for Moore?

jpo287

I like Kenny simply because he's from Charlotte. I root for hometown guys. I'll say it. I want local guys to succeed.

He has some noticeable talent and capitalizes on it with what looks so far to be lots of focus and work ethic. Some of my all-time favorite Panthers fit that mold exactly...namely Anthony Johnson, Brad Hoover, Ricky Proehl, and Mushin Muhammad(for his age now).

The jury is still out but the fact there still is a jury and the case has not been thrown out yet says a lot.

Our offense does not need world-beater 2nd and 3rd WR's. We have a great line, great runners, and a serviceable QB. If we can get Davidson to work that mix effectively and sustain drives to hide our defensive limitations a guy like Kenny Moore can work out fine.

Kenny has this going for him:

1. Intelligence

2. work ethic

3. Great route runner

4. Great hands

5. creates separation and seems to get the attention of the QB when he is open by really making himself like a target

6. Quick not fast

7. Technically sound in all parts of the game

8. he may not have a blazing 40 time, but he has GAME SPEED

9. Versatile - PR, KR, WR, even could be a RB if need be

Moore is just another pre-season warrior. He won't amount to anything.

Moore has actually shown he can be effective against starters, not just scrubs.

I think he might be this year's version of Fred Lane, i.e. an undrafted guy coming out of nowhere and proving to be better than an underachieving high draft pick.

I think he might be this year's version of Fred Lane, i.e. an undrafted guy coming out of nowhere and proving to be better than an underachieving high draft pick.

I hope so... our starting WRs aren't getting any younger.

why is everyone forgetting he was drafted by the lions in the 4th or 5th round last year. the guy is just a stand up kind of guy, and knows the game. he dropped a punt and kickoff last night but passes he snatches everything near him.he should be the 3rd wr on the depth

why is everyone forgetting he was drafted by the lions in the 4th or 5th round last year. the guy is just a stand up kind of guy, and knows the game. he dropped a punt and kickoff last night but passes he snatches everything near him.he should be the 3rd wr on the depth

Well, we didn't draft him, so technically... :sosp:

Yep. I forgot. Should have said "unheralded" :lol:

Way he been performing as a WR, forget punt/kick returner. Find somebody else for the job. Have the boi run routes and throw him the ball. He surely is quick

I said in my thread who you looking forward to, I listed Cherry as one. I didnt get to see the game, but one comment on the Observer decided to type Jason Cherry in caps to get a chance as punt returner

I think too many people are throwing Jarrett under the bus in order to put Moore at #3. Without getting too much into it, I'll just say that Jarrett has played decently (I said decent, not great). He's blocked well, caught any catchable balls thrown his way, and gotten open (even though many fans didn't notice because he wasn't targeted all that often). My point is that it is unfair to try and scapegoat Jarrett in order to push Moore.

With that said, if Moore gets the #3 spot, it is because he has played well and earned it, not because Jarrett has played poorly. IMO, Moore has played like a second rounder, not like a guy taken in the fifth round and relegated to the Lions practice squad. He's not the biggest or fastest guy out there, but he is fairly quick, and runs very crisp routes. He also has very good hands and does a good job of finding the seam. Additionally, he appears to have a strong work ethic and determination to get better. So if he does end up overtaking Jarrett, I will be happy because he has shown himself to be worthy of the role.

Kenneth Moore has potential to be a decent to average slot receiver. He is not exceptionally fast or exceptionally shifty, but he is smart with a tremendous work ethic and a great set of hands.

He ran a 4.47 40, not a bad time at all.

He isn't a scrub.

And I stand by my comment about UNC. The lovefest with Hilee Taylor by some on this board seems to prove that.

I think too many people are throwing Jarrett under the bus in order to put Moore at #3. Without getting too much into it, I'll just say that Jarrett has played decently (I said decent, not great). He's blocked well, caught any catchable balls thrown his way, and gotten open (even though many fans didn't notice because he wasn't targeted all that often). My point is that it is unfair to try and scapegoat Jarrett in order to push Moore.

With that said, if Moore gets the #3 spot, it is because he has played well and earned it, not because Jarrett has played poorly. IMO, Moore has played like a second rounder, not like a guy taken in the fifth round and relegated to the Lions practice squad. He's not the biggest or fastest guy out there, but he is fairly quick, and runs very crisp routes. He also has very good hands and does a good job of finding the seam. Additionally, he appears to have a strong work ethic and determination to get better. So if he does end up overtaking Jarrett, I will be happy because he has shown himself to be worthy of the role.

The difference is that Jarrett has had 2 full years to have solidified his #3 spot as WR. KM comes in and almost instantly makes his case.

Archived