• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why the lovefest for Moore?

jpo287

Heck, I just wish we had more guys with the dedication and heart that Moore is showing.

I'm not quite ready to say we may have a Wes Welker in the slot yet, but so far, the kid looks good.

And Jarrett... he caught some passes and looked, well, not bad. He might not be a bust, but its taken a looooong time to get him to this level. The investment has not paid off yet, hopefully it will.

Who cares where he came from??? He worked out with Smitty during the offseason and has IMPROVED to the point that now he will be a slot receiver for a good team. What's so hard to believe about that? Players who work hard get better and he is reaping the benefits of hard work. I don't see what the Lions have to do with anything, maybe I'm missing something.

My point is that I think he's the definition of a pleasant surprise.

he had 6 catches for 59 yds in last nights game. i think he had about 6-8 catches in the preseason before this game, so he has been productive while on the field. comparing moore and jarrett are not really comparing apples to apples. jarrett is not a speedy shifty guy, never will be. moore looks more like a slot guy, that can make the first guy miss (like on that smoke pass last night ala smitty).

so, to me they both have a place on the roster. we need another speedster that can make some moves and generate YAC, goodsoon will help with this as well. but jarrett is an insurance plan on moose, but needs to excel this year.

it was interesting how they went to moore on the slants on 3rd downs last night instead of jarrett, could be a sign of the potential depth chart.

i also like the way moore is fighting on every play, he doesnt come across as a spoiled brat. that catch jarrett had on right inside the 5 yd line, sums up his attitude towards the game for me. make a few catches and collect a check, no passion, just a job.

People don't realize that Moore was the best player on the ACC championship team just a few years ago. If he had went to UNC, half of this board would be lining up to give him a bj.

NOT the best player on that team (try Abatte, Gattis, Swank) and where someone went to school matters very little if at all.

NOT the best player on that team (try Abatte, Gattis, Swank) and where someone went to school matters very little if at all.

You really think where someone went to school doesn't matter at all? So the fact that I want Rivers, Adrian Wilson and Mario Williams to do well has nothing to do with them having played at NCSU right?

You really think where someone went to school doesn't matter at all? So the fact that I want Rivers, Adrian Wilson and Mario Williams to do well has nothing to do with them having played at NCSU right?

Maybe you weren't paying attention so I will give you the benefit of the doubt and ask you to read it again. After all any state fan has to be having a rough morning after being served a healthy dose of reality last night losing to a bunch of scrubs with a retard for a coach.

We were talking about why Moore is or is not well received on the Panthers and I said it does not (school) matter in response to someone saying if he was a a Tar Heel people would love him.

It matters what he does not where he is from from in the context of who makes the team....not if you should pull for your college heroes in the NFL.

..dammit wuffies can be thick!

Taye Biddle.

Okay, now that we're back to earth......

Kenneth Moore has potential to be a decent to average slot receiver. He is not exceptionally fast or exceptionally shifty, but he is smart with a tremendous work ethic and a great set of hands. He plays a bit like Keary Colbert during his rookie season, which is a good thing but in no way makes him a potential future star or anything of that nature.

The thing that I like about Kenneth Moore that many will dispute is that he is not a boom or bust player. We have too many of those already in our history with Drew Carter, Jason Carter, Dwayne Jarrett, etc. He is not an uber athletic player that can't figure out the position. He knows his role, he catches the ball and secures himself to take a hit and gets his first down. Nothing overly flashy against the first team. That smoke route was atypical of what he should bring and was successful for the first time in about four tries this preseason.

Every team needs a slot man like Moore because he gets his yardage and moves the chains. He probably will not break a 70 yard gainer, but he probably will not drop an open catch on 3rd down either.

Archived