• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The most important question you will answer all day today.

Jeremy Igo

I mean I dont put catusp on hot dogs or burgers....mayo on burgers all the way. Catsup is like getting an old fashioned from freddy krueger. Sure your crank is bloodied and you might be dead but at least you got yours and it is still better than mustard...which was used to kill people in trench warfare in WW1. Just sayin

What the fug is catsup 

mayo... generally not a fan it either, but give me hellmann's over duke's or any other brand

​wat?  dukes > any other always.

btw....i saw alton brown slightly toast a hamburger bun and then only put mayo on both sides. i tried it and was quite happy with the decision. one of my favorite ways of eating a hamburger.

also, supposedly there is a mayo based bbq in alabama(?) that hey put on chicken that i'd like to try at some point.

mayo... generally not a fan it either, but give me hellmann's over duke's or any other brand

​I like mayo too, but I try and stay away from it and the fat bomb that is ranch dressing. You may not want to give it a try if you just don't give a poo about fat or are a mayo purist, but have you ever tried the Dukes Light that contains the virgin olive oil?  It will save you a few fat and calories.

Another alternative to mayo is the Laughing Cow cheese wedges.  It depends on my mood, but I enjoy the kind with the chipotle, though the creamy swiss lite is good also.

If you go to the motherland of sausages (Germany)  and out ketchup on anything....  Let's just say it won't end well for you.

​Pretty sure you will get your poo kicked in if you try that in Chicago, too.

ketchup is sooo lowest common denominator. Its what 6 year olds put on their chicken tenders because they have awful parents.  Gimme that stone-ground yella all day. Maybe a little horseradish if I'm feeling frisky.

I know that many of you guys haven't reached the age where you're really concerned with your health and longevity yet, but if you are and choose to opt for any lite or low fat version of anything, just don't eat anything with Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, or Aspertame in it.  Some of these sweeteners have been loosely (so far ) linked to cancer. Just my public service message of the day.

Let me hip you guys to something else also. Stop eating iceberg lettuce.  It has almost zero nutritional value, plus it doesn't have any fiber or taste basically. 

I have already mentioned the fresh tomatoes, but set that burger (or dog) off with  generous helping of romaine lettuce.  

I am going to tell you something else.  My wife and I don't even hardly use lettuce anymore.  We put raw spinach, collards and cabbage on our burgers, and in our salads. It adds taste, people.  raw tomatoes, collards, cabbages, spinach and turnips add a delicious flavor to your burgers and dogs, and a little mustard and/or Lauging Cow cheese wedges just sets it all off.

All forms of mustard?  gg ketchup mustard stops - you're fuging with big bois: honey mustard, spicy mustard, dijon mustard, sweet hot mustard and all those speciality mustards you get in the deli section

Just yellow mustard- that's a close game but ketchup pulls it out 

gotta toss in DUKES Mayo in this discussion.

notice I didn't just say mayonnaise in general.

because nothing is better than DUKES.

Listen, I am a huge fan of dukes Mayo. I don't think it can compete with mustard and ketchup at tailgates though. But sammich? Mayo reigns supreme.

I know that many of you guys haven't reached the age where you're really concerned with your health and longevity yet, but if you are and choose to opt for any lite or low fat version of anything, just don't eat anything with Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, or Aspertame in it.  Some of these sweeteners have been loosely (so far ) linked to cancer. Just my public service message of the day.

watch out for "low fat" they use HFCS to add flavor back after taking the fat out. Best to stay away from mayo most of the time. 

Archived