• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers OTA's - Biggest Questions on Offense

Jeremy Igo

Don't forget about Dickson... When the line started holding it's own towards the end of last year he was able to run more routes instead of blocking and had some clutch plays. I'm really really excited about what this offense can do with a healthy Cam, a capable #2 TE, a true workhorse back in Stew, a great interior line and hopefully improved tackle play, and KB, Olsen and Funch and Brown/Ginn. This is the most excited I've ever been about our team's shot at a Super Bowl.

This is very true, not many people mentioning Dickson. Partly because he was tied up blocking last year, but also because we have made some good moves/changes that are taking the attention from him. Imagine KB out wide to the left; Funch, Olsen, and Dickson in a 3 TE bunch to the right. Hopefully Shula gets creative, we really have some nice pieces here.

One thing that I would like answered during the OTAs is whether B-Will looks to have an increased role on offense.  of course we may not know anything real until August, but perhaps the OTAs will give us an indicator whether Williams will really be Swole Bones or Bag O' Bones this season.

​I don't believe so. 

Gettleman and Rivera are probably more excited about Norwell than any other lineman on the team according to my sources. 

​Is Norwell limited to LG?  He played some tackle in college.

One thing that I would like answered during the OTAs is whether B-Will looks to have an increased role on offense.  of course we may not know anything real until August, but perhaps the OTAs will give us an indicator whether Williams will really be Swole Bones or Bag O' Bones this season.

I think Williams could be gone this season. I don't feel he will be the number two TE which means he will not have much playing time unless an injury occurs.

I think the biggest question(s) are the tackle positions.  Our interior line played better than expected last season, but that couldn't make up for the totally inept play of Bell on the blind side.  He was even more of a train wreck than I expected over there.  Oher doesn't have to be very good in order to be an improvement, but that isn't saying much, nor is it enough.  Cam needs protection, from both tackles, for once in his Carolina Panthers career.  Remmers played decent toward the end of last season, but I fully expect Daryl Williams to take that job in training camp.  Hopefully we never have to see Jonathan Martin in a Panthers uniform.

Bill just tweeted that Funchess won't be there on thursday, he will be at nflpa gig.

​Saw that.. If you know, can you explain what that NFLPA rookie thing is? Bill didn't really explain or elaborate.

Archived