• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Feds block nfl from suspending players

Cold Cat

The issue here is that the players tried to make sure there was nothing banned in the diuretic; they checked the labels and contacted the company and such. And they were pretty much lied to. They had no idea they were taking a banned substance.

Or maybe I just like this rebellion against the Big Brother force that has become the NFL, who knows.

This is a weight loss drug and not sold as a diuretic. The players might have a case here. Here is a write up about the drug. It's suggests it is an all natural deal.

May we suggest: Nature's Way Herbal Slim

Star Caps (StarCaps)

* Nikki Haskell's Diet Formula.

* Natural Extract.

* Lose Weight and Keep it off with StarCaps.

Nikki Haskell's Star Caps (StarCaps) -- Lose Weight and Get In Shape!

Now you can have the amazing diet secret Hollywood is buzzing about. Created by the diet queen to the stars Nikki Haskell, Star Caps (StarCaps) is a natural dietary supplement containing a rare blend of papaya and garlic that helps metabolize protein, eliminate bloat and detoxify your system. Star Caps (StarCaps) is a quick, effective way to melt off 10-125 pounds and makes dieting easy! The secret is the unique ingredients -- and all-natural blend of papaya and garlic from the higher Andes of Peru. Just two capsules a day help metabolize protein, eliminate bloat and detoxify your system. Star Caps (StarCaps) are safe and effective. Each bottle is a two-week supply and includes a diet booklet.

"Star Caps are the only weight loss product I have used with my clients...they are safe and effective. Star Caps make dieting easy." Carole Herman, M.H. Ed. Nutritionist

"StarCaps are the greatest way to drop 10 pounds!" Beverly Johnson, Actress and Supermodel. "I can't live without StarCaps!" Traci Bingham, Baywatch star

Star Caps (StarCaps) are Nikki Haskell's formula for weight reduction that contain an all natural blend of papaya and garlic.

StarCaps Ingredients:

Natural Extract Papaya & Garlic, Valerian, Corn Spices, Papain (protein digestive enzyme), Magnesium Carbonate & Magnesium Oxide less than 0.1%

Recommended Use:

As a dietary supplement, take one Star Caps (StarCaps) a day in the morning, for the first two days, with a glass of orange juice. Then, take two Star Caps (StarCaps) a day, one in the morning and one in mid-afternoon, with a glass of orange juice. Avoid sugar, butter and cheese.

Other than wanting to see what others thought about the gov't getting involved I thought it would be nice to discuss about the players in mention because some of them play for NO. I see that the players side of the story but come on. If your job is a professional sport where doping is illegal then why would you even want to be under the spotlight because your taking a masking agent. I mean isn't the pill they were taking to lose "water weight". Why would they want to lose that? I may just be talking outta my head but don't players need water weight. i.e. water in their bodies they play a very physical sport and could risk dehydrateing themselves. Which could cause a number of issues.

Jesus you're stupid.

Players took a legal drug that the NFL told them was legal, they needed to lose weight so they would make weight.. you seriously don't remember Jenkins being overweight last year and having to lose pounds?

NFL comes out more than 4 months after the NFL has proof of their substance abuse and then suspends them right before all their teams final playoff push. NFL is being dirty and wrong and if you get f*cked in the ass you're seriously going to tell me you're not going to cry out for help? Apparently by your "DON'T INVOLVE THE GOVERNMENT AT ALL" attitude you would rather just take the abuse.

The only reason they got an injunction was cause the League didn't inform them that the Starcaps had a banned substance in them and didn't put it on the list of banned supplements. Then they turned around and fined and suspended them for it. I can see the players points because its unfair to do that. Not unlike giving them a fine because they hit someone too hard and there was no flag on the field for that reason.

These players get paid millions of dollars a year to be in top physical condition to play professional sports. They have team nutritionists, team trainers, personal trainers, etc. The league has a testing program that will check any supplement a player requests to see if it is ok. The league also has a list of approved supplements. I have absolutely no sympathy for these players. The should be suspended immediately. It is 100% these players fault that they didn't FIND OUT what it was they were putting in there body.

No. What Pep took near the end of his rookie season is ephedra. That's different, since it more of an energy pills with how it a stimulant type. It doesn't make you bigger or lose weights, etc.

o_rly.jpg

Ephedra has been widely researched for its thermogenic (fat burning) properties. Research has show that ephedra helps promote the loss of fat while helping spare lean muscle tissue, a highly sought-after property that prescription diet medications still have not been able to reproduce.

Herbal Phen-Fen, a popular herbal formulation used for dieting, is a combination of ephedra and St. Johns Wort.

The ECA Stack (ephedra, caffeine, aspirin) has been used by bodybuilders to burn fat, and increase energy

http://www.ephedra.com/

But peppers still knew the ingredients in the substance; if he didn't, he didn't try hard enough to find out. But these players checked to make sure Starcaps had no banned substances, saw there was nothing wrong on the ingredient list, and even went to the NFL about it, and THEN they find out there's a banned substance.

Jesus you're stupid.

Players took a legal drug that the NFL told them was legal, they needed to lose weight so they would make weight.. you seriously don't remember Jenkins being overweight last year and having to lose pounds?

NFL comes out more than 4 months after the NFL has proof of their substance abuse and then suspends them right before all their teams final playoff push. NFL is being dirty and wrong and if you get f*cked in the ass you're seriously going to tell me you're not going to cry out for help? Apparently by your "DON'T INVOLVE THE GOVERNMENT AT ALL" attitude you would rather just take the abuse.

You should really calm yourself. I don't resort to bashing anyone. I'm just having a conversation on here about a specific subject that interests me and maybe a few others. Asking questions is a good way to find things out and keep a conversation going. Being derogatory just isn't nice.

I never said if that I didn't remember Jenkins having to lose weight. If I ever did then my humblest apoligies. :angelsad2:

All I've heard from this topic is what I get on the news until I hear from you guys. And i've said what i've heard. That they were taking something that they knew they weren't supposed to.

For the anal penetration question. If I didn't get the courtesy of reach around then I may have a problem.

Did you watch the CNN coverage of what happened with MLB and the players. I'm glad your willing to use your hard earned tax dollars to go to that kind of thing but I think this country has far worse issues to deal with other than whats going on in sports today. The NFL is a Business and the Players are employees of it. They have the NFLPA to deal with these things. I feel that the NFL and the NFLPA have enough $$$ to pay for their own mediators and deal with situations like this.

Now that my rant is over.

For everyone that was productive thanks for the input and your thoughts.

Archived