• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Garcia thinks 6 years 150 million for Cam

ctrcat

If Cam wants a big contract, give it to him, but decrease the guaranteed money.  For Example, I would give him six years at $120m with $60-70m guaranteed. If he wants six years at $150m, then guarantee about $45-50m guaranteed.  Frankly, I do not see why this is so hard.  If you want to be paid on potential, then bet on yourself, Cam.  If you want the security of guaranteed money, then take a lesser deal.

I largely agree with you. But...the market will have to set itself first.  

We are going to see what type of kahunas that Gettleman really has in this situation.  Compromise for sure, but don't break the bank.

Agree. We have a much better chance to win the whole thing this year than many think. You take advantage of the smaller number when possible. Every team would/will/does.

Not only that but literally every gm is picking up the 5th year option and letting them play through it before signing the new deal. Why extend these guys and pay more a year earlier when you could keep them cheaper for an extra year then have an extra year of production to see and fully evaluate before signing them.

It's smarter from a money standpoint.

I'm literally fine with whatever they pay him. Because I know it will be what the team is ready to deal with. Will it be $40M a year? Of course not. Will it be $15M a year? Nope. But whatever number they come up with...I'm ok with. All of these guys still get paid nothing compared to baseball players. I think Giancarlo Stanton got paid something like $350M guaranteed/10 yrs or something stupid like that. I expect something in the 20-22M range but whatever they come up with is fine by me.

Yeah, but baseball players go 162 games...unless they are a pitcher. Big difference between 16 games and 162.

I don't think anyone playing a sport should get that kind of money unless you are Babe Ruth or Ty Cobb, and we aren't seeing anything like that these days.

Not only that but literally every gm is picking up the 5th year option and letting them play through it before signing the new deal. Why extend these guys and pay more a year earlier when you could keep them cheaper for an extra year then have an extra year of production to see and fully evaluate before signing them.

It's smarter from a money standpoint.

Because every QB that signs a new contract resets the market.

Once Seattle caves in and backs up the truck for Wilson, we'll see what Cam will end up getting.  It'll make 6 years/$150M seem like a bargain.  Our only hope is that Seattle plays hardball and franchises Wilson.

Because every QB that signs a new contract resets the market.

Once Seattle caves in and backs up the truck for Wilson, we'll see what Cam will end up getting. It'll make 6 years/$150M seem like a bargain. Our only hope is that Seattle plays hardball and franchises Wilson.

Cam will makes less than what ever Wilson ends up getting that's for sure.

If Cam wants a big contract, give it to him, but decrease the guaranteed money. For Example, I would give him six years at $120m with $60-70m guaranteed. If he wants six years at $150m, then guarantee about $45-50m guaranteed. Frankly, I do not see why this is so hard. If you want to be paid on potential, then bet on yourself, Cam. If you want the security of guaranteed money, then take a lesser deal.

This. And I was thinking 65 million guaranteed was fair. The rest of the numbers are just white noise that ppl get excited about because they see over 100 mill.

The biggest thing is the cap hits which I believe is where the guaranteed money affects. We want our biggest contributor getting the biggest cap hit. It's just common sense. I think cam will live up to that designation.

Depends on Wilson. Both parties need to see that deal before real negotiations can begin.

Cam will want similar numbers, but the Panthers will point to the SB win and the fact we've never beaten him.

Cam could point out that for most of his career in Charlotte he has had mediocre receivers and average to horrible linemen.

Don't bet on it.

Why would cam get more than Wilson whose been to back to back super bowls and won one? Cam doesn't have that type of bargaining chip to play with. He likely knows this and will take less than what Wilson gets but not by much but it will be lower.

Yeah, but baseball players go 162 games...unless they are a pitcher. Big difference between 16 games and 162.

I don't think anyone playing a sport should get that kind of money unless you are Babe Ruth or Ty Cobb, and we aren't seeing anything like that these days.

Outside of the few elite power hitters that have gotten massive deals (Rodriguez, Cabrera, Stanton, etc) pitchers make all the big money in baseball and they only play roughly 33 games.

Aaron Rodgers: 5yr $110MM

Clayton Kershaw: 7yr $215MM

Both guys are making roughly $1MM per game played.

Baseball is different, though. No salary cap.

Why would cam get more than Wilson whose been to back to back super bowls and won one? Cam doesn't have that type of bargaining chip to play with. He likely knows this and will take less than what Wilson gets but not by much but it will be lower.

You're displaying an outstanding misunderstanding of how NFL contracts work.  Which given your posting history isn't a surprise.

Dude, you're an idiot.

Archived