• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Garcia thinks 6 years 150 million for Cam

ctrcat

You do realize that Matt Ryan's career passer rating is above 91 and that Ryan is 11th all time so far?

No way I think that Cam gets a 25 mil per year contract. I absolutely love Cam, but that would be insane.

Cam threw for more yards in his first four years than Matthew did with FAR inferior weapons. That's not even counting the rushing element. I'd MUCH rather pay 25 per for a lion as opposed to 20 for a pussy cat.

The guaranteed money is really what counts.  

The "true guaranteed money" is what really counts. Kaepernick, Dalton and Tannehill all got a lot "guaranteed" on the surface but they're more like 2 year $25 million deals with pay as you go after that. Most of Kaepernick's "guaranteed" money isn't guaranteed unless he's on the roster after a certain date before that year.

I think it ends up being in the 22-23 per year range. Basically, he's getting Matt Ryan money or slightly better. 

Will all be about the structure though. The big numbers don't mean jack poo most of the time if the contract is structured benefiting the team. 

I'm literally fine with whatever they pay him. Because I know it will be what the team is ready to deal with. Will it be $40M a year? Of course not. Will it be $15M a year? Nope. But whatever number they come up with...I'm ok with. All of these guys still get paid nothing compared to baseball players. I think Giancarlo Stanton got paid something like $350M guaranteed/10 yrs or something stupid like that. I expect something in the 20-22M range but whatever they come up with is fine by me.

Archived