• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

what's worse than airports that have scant dining options before the check-in counters?

PhillyB

nothing. my brother-in-law dropped me off at dulles at 4am and my flight doesn't leave until 9pm, so i've got thirteen hours before i can check in. napping on the concrete floor and choosing between the absurdly expensive chop house and the convenience store where i can get a bag of skittles. where's a fuging wendys when you need one? there's probably eight on the other side of customs.

i was going to take a bus up (far cheaper than flights) but my brother-in-law offered to drive me for free. i just had about $9000 of expenses broadside me in the last two weeks (blown HVAC system, blown sewer/drainage line, and car repair) so i jumped on it. i'll just sit here and work on thesis poo all day.

this cheddar burger is some good poo though so maybe i take back the thread

All those flyer miles and you haven't scored one of those Club/Lounge passes?

I'm sure you could talk your way into the United Global First lounge, drink some scotch and hors d'oeuvres. Heck you might get lucky and meet some of those leech lobbyist or strike gold and handshake with some Congress Critters. Just pretend to be one characters in the Tinderbox spectrum (except Pstall, cause neither side really cares about independents) and you'll have another chapter for your book. 

two options...go through security and find out what's on the other side

b, catch a bus and head to town or whereever you can go.

the odds of me spending that many hours in an airport before a flight is slim and sweet F^%k all

i spent 60 hours at the airport in kuala lumpur a few years back when i had a rash of bad luck with flights... but they had big cushy bench seats with low lighting on an upstairs terrace and ten restaurant options in the flight checkin terminal. take some lessons IAD

i've been doing long-ass layovers for the past six years. i slept on the concrete walkway in front of the departure terminal in sulawesi, inside kuala lumpur intn'l, at the taiwan airport, LAX, in baltimore... i have found over the years that the back brace on my backpack makes a kickass pillow. long layovers are fun because i pretty much get a dozen straight hours reading, writing, or sketching maps in my journal. it's a vacation all its own.

i just want some goddamn cheap food, that's all

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• Lol....Shocker makes flat earthers seem logical. 😆 🤣  There's wrong and then there is Shocker wrong. 
    • Understanding Your Starting Point Assess Your Current Situation Before diving into a weight loss plan, it’s crucial to understand where you currently stand. Start by assessing your: Current Weight and Body Composition: Use a scale to determine your weight, but consider body composition (fat vs. muscle) for a more accurate picture. Tools like body fat calipers or bioelectrical impedance scales can help. Health History: Consider any medical conditions, medications, or dietary restrictions that could affect your weight loss journey. Consulting a healthcare provider is advisable before starting any new diet or exercise regimen. Lifestyle and Activity Level: Evaluate your daily routine, including your work, exercise habits, and leisure activities. Understanding how active you are can help you set realistic goals. Define Your Weight Loss Goals Set specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART) goals. Instead of saying, "I want to lose weight," try: "I want to lose 10 pounds in 3 months by exercising 4 times a week and eating healthier." Identify Your Motivation Understanding your “why” is crucial for staying committed. Whether it’s improving your health, boosting your confidence, or enhancing your energy levels, write down your motivations and keep them visible to remind yourself of your goals. Creating Your Personalized Weight Loss Plan Step 1: Calculate Your Daily Caloric Needs Understanding your caloric needs is the foundation of any weight loss plan. You can use the Mifflin-St Jeor Equation to estimate your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR), which is the number of calories your body needs at rest: For men: BMR = 10 × weight (kg) + 6.25 × height (cm) - 5 × age (years) + 5   For women: BMR = 10 × weight (kg) + 6.25 × height (cm) - 5 × age (years) - 161 Next, multiply your BMR by your activity level to find your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE): Sedentary (little or no exercise): BMR × 1.2   Lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week): BMR × 1.375   Moderately active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week): BMR × 1.55   Very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week): BMR × 1.725   Super active (very hard exercise/physical job): BMR × 1.9 To lose weight, aim to create a calorie deficit of 500–1000 calories per day, leading to a sustainable weight loss of 1–2 pounds per week. Step 2: Plan Your Meals Creating a meal plan that aligns with your caloric needs and food preferences is vital. Here’s how to do it: Choose Nutrient-Dense Foods Focus on whole, minimally processed foods that provide the necessary nutrients without excess calories. Your plate should include: Lean Proteins: Chicken, turkey, fish, tofu, legumes, and low-fat dairy help build muscle and keep you full.   Whole Grains: Opt for brown rice, quinoa, oats, and whole-grain bread to provide fiber and sustained energy.   Fruits and Vegetables: Aim for a variety of colors to ensure you get a wide range of vitamins and minerals. Fiber-rich foods can help you feel full.   Healthy Fats: Include sources like avocados, nuts, seeds, and olive oil to support heart health and satiety. Create Balanced Meals A balanced meal should include protein, healthy fats, and carbohydrates. Here’s a simple structure: Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with spinach and whole grain toast.   Lunch: Grilled chicken salad with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and vinaigrette.   Dinner: Baked salmon with quinoa and steamed broccoli.   Snacks: Greek yogurt with berries or a handful of nuts. Step 3: Incorporate Physical Activity Exercise is a vital component of a successful weight loss plan. Here are some tips to include it effectively: Choose Activities You Enjoy Engagement is key. Whether it’s dancing, hiking, swimming, or weightlifting, pick activities that you genuinely enjoy to ensure consistency. Set a Realistic Exercise Schedule Aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity each week, combined with muscle-strengthening exercises on two or more days. Here’s a sample weekly workout plan: Monday: 30 minutes of brisk walking + 15 minutes of strength training   Tuesday: Rest or gentle yoga   Wednesday: 30 minutes of cycling + core workouts   Thursday: 30 minutes of jogging + flexibility exercises   Friday: Rest   Saturday: Group fitness class or recreational sports   Sunday: 60-minute hike or long walk Step 4: Monitor Your Progress Tracking your progress is essential for staying motivated and making adjustments to your plan. Here’s how: Keep a Food Diary Documenting what you eat can help you identify patterns and areas for improvement. Use apps or simple notebooks to track meals, snacks, and beverages. Weigh Yourself Regularly Choose a consistent time (e.g., once a week) to weigh yourself. Keep in mind that fluctuations are normal, so focus on overall trends rather than daily changes. Take Measurements In addition to the scale, consider taking body measurements (waist, hips, thighs) or progress photos to visualize changes. Step 5: Adjust and Adapt As you progress, you may need to adjust your plan based on your results. Here are some factors to consider: Reassess Your Caloric Needs As you lose weight, your caloric needs may decrease. Periodically recalculate your BMR and TDEE to ensure you’re still in a calorie deficit. Experiment with Meal Timing Some people find success with intermittent fasting or specific meal timing strategies. Experiment to see what works best for your lifestyle and hunger cues. Stay Flexible Life can be unpredictable, and it’s important to stay adaptable. If you miss a workout or indulge in a treat, don’t be discouraged. Focus on getting back on track rather than perfection. Overcoming Common Challenges Emotional Eating Many people turn to food for comfort during stressful times. Recognizing emotional triggers is key. Consider keeping a journal to document when cravings arise and the emotions associated with them. Alternatives to cope with stress include: Meditation or deep breathing exercises   Engaging in a hobby or physical activity   Seeking support from friends or a therapist Social Situations Social events can be challenging for maintaining healthy habits. Here are some strategies: Plan Ahead: Eat a healthy snack before events to reduce the temptation of unhealthy options.   Choose Wisely: Opt for healthier choices and practice portion control.   Stay Engaged: Focus on conversations rather than food to help divert attention from cravings. Lack of Motivation It’s normal to experience dips in motivation. Keep your goals visible and remind yourself of your reasons for wanting to lose weight. Consider finding an accountability partner or joining a support group to stay motivated. Conclusion Creating a personalized weight loss plan is a journey that requires self-awareness, dedication, and flexibility. By understanding your starting point, setting clear goals, planning balanced meals, incorporating physical activity, and monitoring your progress, you can develop a sustainable plan that works for you. Remember, weight loss is not just about numbers on a scale; it’s about adopting healthier habits that enhance your overall well-being. Celebrate your successes, no matter how small, and stay committed to your goals. With patience and perseverance, you can achieve the results you desire and enjoy a healthier, happier life. Click Here https://www.researchgate.net/publication/383640318_The_Ex_Factor_Guide_Reviews_-_Do_Not_Buy_Until_You_Read https://www.researchgate.net/publication/383640619_Colon_Broom_Reviews_-_Is_This_Worth_To_Buy https://www.researchgate.net/publication/383643591_ThyroBurn_7_Reviews_-_Is_This_Proven_Thyroid_Support_Supplement https://www.researchgate.net/publication/383646020_Nerve_Renew_Reviews_-_Safe_Ingredients_Shocking_Truth https://www.researchgate.net/publication/383645883_Hyperbolic_Stretching_Reviews_-_Is_It_Legit_Worth_Buying_Must_Read_Before_Buy https://www.researchgate.net/publication/383695771_TheyaVue_Reviews_-_Does_this_Eye_Health_Supplement_Work_Must_Read https://www.researchgate.net/publication/383695775_Nutra_IGF_Reviews_-_Is_It_Right_For_You_Must_Read https://www.researchgate.net/publication/383696020_UroFresh_Reviews_-_Safe_Supplement_Must_Read_Before_Buy https://manukamiracle.quora.com/ https://medium.com/@gluconatesupplement