• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Listen up! There are exactly two "safe" Panthers receivers.

Jeremy Igo

You said he had to be perfect to get his chance, I'm saying that he has had his chance, and can't seem to do anything with it.

He was outperformed by BB and an undrafted FA rookie in Philly.  I'm not saying he doesn't have a shot at the roster, but he has had his chances.

If he's had his chance wouldn't that imply that there are no more chances? I don't even know what the point is of making that statement as it makes no logical sense. You don't have your chance when you're still being developed. I would say this training camp is his chance with all the wrs we have on the roster. If he doesn't make the team he will probably be cut. 

If he's had his chance wouldn't that imply that there are no more chances? I don't even know what the point is of making that statement as it makes no logical sense. You don't have your chance when you're still being developed. I would say this training camp is his chance with all the wrs we have on the roster. If he doesn't make the team he will probably be cut. 

Is that how that works?

Benjamin #1 WR...enough said

Funchess has alot of upside, but I see it taking him at least half a season before he's ready to start

Ginn is still one of the BEST PR in the game,and will help stretch defenses.btw,he's a lock

Cotchery is still our best #3 WR option imo...worst case scenario 500 plus yards and a mentor for this young group

Boykin could possibly become our #2 WR to begin the season...great hands and is my sleeper to WATCH

Hill just because of his physicality and speed alone.however,Brown will probably win this battle.

He never returned kicks in college. Zero chance we throw a guy straight into the fire like that as a rookie when he has no actual game experience as a returner. Down the line or next year it would be a possibility, but barring a lot of injuries Byrd will not be the week 1 PR.

Zero chance? Wouldn't go that far. Take a look at what we trotted out there last year to field punts. Anything is possible. Is it smart? Nah. But most certainly possible.

There are exactly two "safe" Panthers receivers. And by safe, I am saying their roster spot is 100% certain.

Kelvin Benjamin

Devin Funchess

Everyone else, and I do mean everyone, is trying out this year to make the team. Veterans, rookies, and everyone in between.

That means 10 players will be trying to grab one of likely four roster spots. ( I see them keeping 6, not 7 considering special teams help was brought in at other positions)

Bersin

Boykin

Brown

Brown

Byrd

Cotchery

Ginn

Hill

Lucas

Presley

All of these guys have a fair shake at making the final cut, which will make for probably the best training camp competition out there this Summer.

What more can you ask for?

Prediction:

KB

Funchess

Brown

Boykin

Ginn

Hill

Ideally if KB and one other guy could separate themselves as sure-handed we could part ways with Cotchery. I'lll have high hopes for Stephen Hill if he can make the active roster. Sign Byrd and Pressley to the practice squad.

Archived