• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Listen up! There are exactly two "safe" Panthers receivers.

Jeremy Igo

I'd disagree and say Ginn is a lock to.

A lot of people said that about Underwood last year. Granted, he's much better, but the guaranteed money shouldn't save him a spot. He's only getting older as well and was never elite or even much beyond average. He has elite speed, is a decent return man, and can block, IIRC. I would guess he has a 90% chance to make the roster, but I wouldn't call it a lock.

Disagree. I hope one of the new guys runs away with it and we won't have to constantly second guess Hill when he drops passes in important games. 

KB has dropped passes too, let's not go crazy and act like Hill has to be perfect if he gets his chance. 

Sure, some players are more likely to make the squad, like Ginn and Cotchery, but you cannot say with the same certainty that they will be here like you can with Kelvin and Devin 

Can we just call Kelvin and Devin.... Delvin ?

I think I like "Funjamin"

KB has dropped passes too, let's not go crazy and act like Hill has to be perfect if he gets his chance. 

Hill has had his chance, with two teams, as a highly drafted prospect.

He couldn't sniff our roster, and we were trotting out Cotch as the no. 2, and Bersin last season.

Hill can't play football.  As for his chance, I would say that TC this year may be his last legit chance in this league.

Why so much love for Hill ? Is he the AE/Bersin of 2015 TC?

If he makes the team then it most likely means he has refined his routes and shown consistent hands. If that's the case then he has the potential to be a very good NFL WR and fill our need for a true deep threat.. Our 3 WR sets could be 6'5" Kelvin, 6'4" Funchess, and 6'5" Hill with 6'6" Olsen at TE. That would be an obscene amount of height as the receiving threats and there would always be one or two mismatches on the field.

That's why people want him to succeed. AE and Bersin have never come close to having that kind of potential. It's not really that likely that he does develop like that but that's the dream.

Best part of all this is when camp starts so does the pressure. Some of our favorites will rise and take their spot on the roster. Although with pressure, some will fall and will get cut. Because the pressure will be to much from the competition and will go from sugar to poo. That's a good thing.

Some think Philly is a lock. He has just as much to prove as all the other wideouts not name KB or DF. #pressureburstpipes

Philly and Ginn stay. Cotch for the veteran presence. No reason to have Bersin and the other guys can fight it out for special teams roles. Im actually excited though. We now have 2 monsters on the outside and two very fast speed receivers in the slot. With a top 5 tight end to go with that this easily the most weapons weve had in the passing game since the Beurlien era

Hill has had his chance, with two teams, as a highly drafted prospect.

He couldn't sniff our roster, and we were trotting out Cotch as the no. 2, and Bersin last season.

Hill can't play football.  As for his chance, I would say that TC this year may be his last legit chance in this league.

Man come on, if the panthers felt the same why he would have been cut. He's getting his best chance at being developed with a great wr coach. Maybe he didn't get that chance with other teams. If he doesn't make the roster then that's it but let's stop acting like proehl and rivera haven't liked what they've seen from him. 

Man come on, if the panthers felt the same why he would have been cut. He's getting his best chance at being developed with a great wr coach. Maybe he didn't get that chance with other teams. If he doesn't make the roster then that's it but let's stop acting like proehl and rivera haven't liked what they've seen from him. 

You said he had to be perfect to get his chance, I'm saying that he has had his chance, and can't seem to do anything with it.

He was outperformed by BB and an undrafted FA rookie in Philly.  I'm not saying he doesn't have a shot at the roster, but he has had his chances.

Archived