• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Listen up! There are exactly two "safe" Panthers receivers.

Jeremy Igo

One name not yet mentioned who could have an effect on the number of WR's we keep on the roster is Joe Webb. Should we decide to go with 6 WR's it would likely come at Webb's expense. However given that he has the ability to fill in as a WR while being a backup QB and ST'er gives him an advantage to secure one of the 53 roster spots over the 6th WR who would likely never even be active on gameday without a string of injuries.

Ginn and Cotch would both cost 1 mill and 1.5 mill against the cap if they got cut post June 1st.  Cheaper to keep them, so I expect both of them are set on the roster.  So probably 4 receivers are set.  The rest are up for grabs.  

1 Mill is not all that much if there are better options you could lose. I see Ginn staying simply because he and Cam had great chemistry and his return potential. Cotchery on the other hand will more than likely get beat out simply because he had yet to gell with Cam and its been over a year. If just one WR can gel with Cam its game over for Cotchery.

I agree, somewhat. Devin and KB could do nothing at all and make the roster, 100%. Ginn is as close to a lock from the rest as possible, he's 90% he's making it. Brown is a bit ahead of Cotch in terms of making the team because of youth, I'd say 60-70% chance. Cotchery and Boykin are both 50/50. Hill and Bersin about 30-40%, the rest are below 10% chance of making the active roster day 1. These numbers are 100% pulled out of my rectum.

I heard that 63% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I have to think Philly Brown will not only make the team, but have the most playing time outside of Delvin.

I'm pretty much 99% sure Philly will have the 3rd most snaps of WRs assuming he stays healthy.

Your confused on the definition of "useless."

For clarity, read your own post as a perfect example of "useless."

Are you dating cotchery? Serious question.

You go on some sort of offended rant anytime someone's opinion of him isn't positive. He's nothing special. Deal with it.

Also, while Benjamin and funchess are locks, Ginn and Philly should have a much higher probability of making the team of the others, although not locks.

I'd put cotchery and Boykin behind them and it's anyone's guess beyond that.

Despite what everyone else thinks, I actually believe even bersin is in this fight and could make the roster.

Are you dating cotchery? Serious question.

You go on some sort of offended rant anytime someone's opinion of him isn't positive. He's nothing special. Deal with it.

what a funny question.

Yes, i date male athletes. Jealous?

Yes, i sound really offended by mass ignorance, how did you notice?

I don't understand how anybody with a level head, and decent knowledge of the game, and vet players that came from other teams, can hate on Cotchery.

All the dude does is come to work, make plays, and help out young guys be the best they can be.

Is he a flashy receiver? Nope. Never has been, never will be. Just like Proehl.

Difference is Proehl gets worshipped cause he was part of a Panther team that went to the superbowl.

It's all good, i don't care that your so damn ignorant, I'll continue to pray that God blesses you with an open mind, and understanding, dispite your total lack of desire to have any.

If we keep 6 what position goes down 1? I would much rather have Joe Webb as a 3rd QB/6th WR/STer than a 6th WR who isn't reliable at any other position.

I think Cotchery stands a good chance of making the team. Not only does he bring much desired veteran leadership, but he is still a good slot receiver. The problem with him last year was we wanted him to play outside, which isn't his strong point at his age.

I think Ginn makes the team for his speed and return abilities. 

Corey Brown is similar to Ginn, so I could see him going either way. 

Boykin is similar to Cotchery and put up pretty good numbers in 2013. If he competes in training camp I definitely think he has a shot.

Archived