• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Attention slow curb huggers

Your Creeper Cabbie

All that "passing lane" and "fast lane" BS people talk about is a myth and load of crap. It's not even a real thing.

It isn't a myth. It is law. Most states don't enforce it very well.

I'm glad that cause you are already speeding, you feel justified to be rude and inconsiderate of others.

A perfect example in today's society showing that idiots feel justified being invonsiderate to others.

Congratulations on having a complete lack of common courtesy for anyone else, and being another selfish driver on the road that adds to the many other problems on the road.

All cause you feel justified.

You heard me.

I drive 10 mph over the speed limit on the highway. If the highway is clear I generally stay right, or will move over and allow vehicles that are excessively speeding to pass.

However, I'm already doing 75 in a 65. If there is a lot of slow traffic in the right lane that I'm passing then no, I will not move over. I'm not moving over and getting stuck behind a car doing 60 or weaving in and out of traffic so some inpatient moron can fly by doing 90. Kiss my ass.

Truth hurts, huh?

Yes, y'all are all incorrect.

From the link you provided;

North Carolina< SL 20-146(b/e)

Keep right if below speed limit.

There is not a single traffic law in North Carolina that states the left lane is for faster moving traffic. There is also no law that says you must keep right and/or move right to allow vehicles to pass you. The only law in NC is that you must maintain the speed limit if you're in the left lane.

All that "passing lane" and "fast lane" BS people talk about is a myth and load of crap. It's not even a real thing.

giphy.gif

You didn't say anything about NC in your original post. It is a real thing even if not in your state, just like legal pot is a real thing even if not in NC.

It isn't a myth. It is law. Most states don't enforce it very well.

I'm glad that cause you are already speeding, you feel justified to be rude and inconsiderate of others.

A perfect example in today's society showing that idiots feel justified being invonsiderate to others.

Congratulations on having a complete lack of common courtesy for anyone else, and being another selfish driver on the road that adds to the many other problems on the road.

All cause you feel justified.

There is no such law in NC. Go ahead dumbass, look it up for yourself. The only law in NC is that you must keep right if you are driving below the speed limit.

Rude and inconsiderate is traveling at a dangerous rate of speed around other motorists and being reckless and weaving in and out of traffic or riding right on someone's bumper trying to intimidate them to move.

A vehicle traveling at 65mph in a 65mph zone in the left lane is perfectly legal. Even if there's a line of traffic a mile long backed up behind them. They aren't breaking the law.

However- excessive speeding, weaving in and out of traffic, and riding someone's bumper are all illegal traffic violations.

You didn't say anything about NC in your original post. It is a real thing even if not in your state, just like legal pot is a real thing even if not in NC.

Of course laws vary state by state. This is a NC-based sports forum. Pretty obvious which state someone would be talking about unless specified otherwise.

Batman is not TRD. He's just the same guy from Asheville who has been banned on 4 dozen accounts in 12 months.

As far as NC drivers go, many of the "slow drivers" seem to have been replaced by the dickheads who want to whip around you going 100+ mph no matter how fast you are going.

Of course laws vary state by state. This is a NC-based sports forum. Pretty obvious which state someone would be talking about unless specified otherwise.

I live in KC, Panda is in Colorado, Montsta is in CA, Dex is in Connecticut or some other BS upper east coast state, Hawk is in Canada/Washington, Brooklyn Bully is elitist whilst in New York, Alaska and Maine are referenced in usernames, several prominent posters are in Atlanta... nope, not a safe assumption at all. Zod has infected the entire globe.

However, I'm already doing 75 in a 65. If there is a lot of slow traffic in the right lane that I'm passing then no, I will not move over. I'm not moving over and getting stuck behind a car doing 60 or weaving in and out of traffic so some inpatient moron can fly by doing 90. Kiss my ass.

Couldn't agree more.

And if that inpatient jackass rides my bumper he's getting the brake taps.

If you are doing 10 or more over the speed limit you should be in the left lanes. And that makes them the passing or fast lanes. Batman is just an asshole and probably really does 50 in any lane and looks at you like you are stupid.

Batman is not TRD. He's just the same guy from Asheville who has been banned on 4 dozen accounts in 12 months.

As far as NC drivers go, many of the "slow drivers" seem to have been replaced by the dickheads who want to whip around you going 100+ mph no matter how fast you are going.

Never lived in Asheville a day in my life.

Nice try, though.

Batman preaching truth in here. Stop being assholes in the left lane. If you're going the speed limit or over in the left lane, you're well within your right, especially if passing a line of cars. The guy trying to push the left lane to go faster is the asshole in this situation.

Batman preaching truth in here. Stop being assholes in the left lane. If you're going the speed limit or over in the left lane, you're well within your right, especially if passing a line of cars. The guy trying to push the left lane to go faster is the asshole in this situation.

What's funny is driving down a congested 6-8 lane highway and watching impatient retards trying to get somewhere 2 seconds faster.

They'll come speeding past you down the on ramp and cut in front of somebody at the very end of the ramp. Then they'll weave in and out of lanes, swerving and cutting people off and riding all over bumpers. And they'll slowly work their way ahead and out of sight.

Then 5 miles down the road you pass them stuck in a slow lane riding all over someone's bumper trying to jump in another lane.

There is no such law in NC. Go ahead dumbass, look it up for yourself. The only law in NC is that you must keep right if you are driving below the speed limit.

Rude and inconsiderate is traveling at a dangerous rate of speed around other motorists and being reckless and weaving in and out of traffic or riding right on someone's bumper trying to intimidate them to move.

A vehicle traveling at 65mph in a 65mph zone in the left lane is perfectly legal. Even if there's a line of traffic a mile long backed up behind them. They aren't breaking the law.

However- excessive speeding, weaving in and out of traffic, and riding someone's bumper are all illegal traffic violations.

I'm not defending the idiots you are blasting.

I'm telling you, you are in the wrong by doing what you do.

Even if there isn't a law about the inside being the passing lane (which it is under the rules of the road/laws of the road in pretty much any place that has multi lane roads. Don't believe me, ask a cop)., there is a law against holding up traffic in EVERY state. How many vehicles backed up behind the lead car, is different in most states. But it's a very simple law. You are not to impede traffic in any way. Do you know what that means? If not, google it.

Here is another fact you don't give a damn about.

There are more accidents on highways caused by SLOWER traffic than the faster traffic. True stuff.

Once again, you don't give a damn, cause you are an ahole.  I understand it, I was born over qualified to be an ahole. Doesn't mean we have to be one. In  fact, you enjoy being an ahole, otherwise you would have common courtesy for others, and would change lanes to allow faster traffic by, regardless of how you feel about them.

If you drove like that out the autobahn, you and somebody else would be dead already, cause you would have been ran into, cause you're to fugging ignorant to get out of the passing lane.

EVERY MULTI LANE HIGHWAY IN THE WORLD, THE INSIDE LANE IS A PASSING LANE!!!!

There may not be laws on the books in your area to enforce it, but it's still intended that way.

Go ahead, don't let these facts stop you from being an asshole to everyone else on the road.

Archived