• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is it possible for us to get Jimmy Butler?

The only way we'll have max space (aside from doing something idiotic like attaching a first to lance) is if Jefferson and Henderson both opt out.

I don't see any way Jefferson opts out after that season, and even if he did Chicago will match anything for Butler. It's not going to happen.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nnnnnnnoooooooo

We don't have the cap room to sign a max deal like Hayward last season, and even if the Bulls, who have a history of being sticklers about contracts, let him walk, he'll have too many suitors throwing max money at him.

The only way we'll have max space (aside from doing something idiotic like attaching a first to lance) is if Jefferson and Henderson both opt out.

I don't see any way Jefferson opts out after that season, and even if he did Chicago will match anything for Butler. It's not going to happen.

I'd attach 9 to Lance in a heartbeat. This is not a good draft at all, and the improvement via Lance being out vs. another rookie project would be worth it.

I'd attach 9 to Lance in a heartbeat. This is not a good draft at all, and the improvement via Lance being out vs. another rookie project would be worth it.

No way. We can just cut him and eat 9 million on our cap for one season if we just have to get rid of him. Attaching a first to him just doesn't make sense when he expires this season.

Why? It's moronic to attach a top 10 pick to get rid of a one year contract. Expecially one that isn't even in double figures. Lance is arguably the key to the 2015-16 season. If he can get back to shooting over 30% and can cut down his T/O rate, we are back in the playoffs.

Why? It's moronic to attach a top 10 pick to get rid of a one year contract. Expecially one that isn't even in double figures. Lance is arguably the key to the 2015-16 season. If he can get back to shooting over 30% and can cut down his T/O rate, we are back in the playoffs.

It depends on what we get back. You act like the best we could get would be a second rounder in 2050.

If we have an opportunity to upgrade the roster past another underwhelming rookie project we should do it.

I think you take lance off the team this year completely and we still sneak in as an 8 seed. He really was that bad.

It depends on what we get back. You act like the best we could get would be a second rounder in 2050.

If we have an opportunity to upgrade the roster past another underwhelming rookie project we should do it.

I think you take lance off the team this year completely and we still sneak in as an 8 seed. He really was that bad.

We wouldn't get much for the ninth pick alone, so what makes you think attaching Lance too it would bring us anything that significant back? Your odds are much better in hoping you land a stud in the draft.

Yes Lance sucks, but if he plays like his 2013 self next year, we are back in the playoffs. If he sucks again, then we are out of his contract and attitude forever after the season

Archived